I stayed at the Hilton for about 5 days on a business trip and it was actually pretty nice with super friendly staff.
I got a sea view room which was fantastic. The rooms are equipped with new televisions and a handy alarm clock. The bed was quite comfortable as well.
Generally speaking the room is clean however the carpet has a significant amount of lint.
A number of channels on TV were also a bit fuzzy.
Being spacious is about the only positive about the bathroom, the main problems with it are the fact that the shower isn't probably sealed and therefore after the morning shower it looks like a tsunami hit the bathroom and the tiles are a bit old with a number of cracks.
The service is extremely friendly and there is a general vibe of people wanting to do their best to serve. However, professionalism is another thing.
Smiles are abundant, advice and prompt responses are free flowing.
Housekeeping truly DO make up the room, hang your clothes, clean the room and make is speckles. The laundry also deserve special praise, they were lightning fast to come collect and return.
However a number of incidents occurred that shouldn't have.
1. around 2000 usd was blocked on my credit card cause they couldn't find my company's PO. After they found it, they claimed that this is the normal amount they block in case I order room service and the like. I was asked by the reception when checking out why they had blocked such a large amount :)
2. The concierge wasn't the best I had seen. whenever I check-in to any hotel I ask the concierge for a map, ask them to mark where we are and where the main sights are. I asked the same thing, they were able to produce a map, but couldn't point out most of the main sights nor where the hotel was with jokes being made along the lines of "we're not google maps"
3. When I would forget my keys and approach reception for a new key they would only ask for the room number without verifying who I am, which was worrying, I could have stated any room number. Same thing happened with house keeping, my key didn't work, the lady simply asked me if it was my room, I said yes, she opened it for me with her master key.
The food was pretty good for both breakfast and lunch. The waiters made sure that nothing ever ran low.
It is actually pretty far out from the city center. The location only becomes an asset if you want something near the airport (10 mins away) or you have work in the nearby business tower which hosts a number of multinationals.
What I liked: the friendliness of the staff
what I disliked: the professionalism.
Bottom line a recommended hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax among pine trees overlooking the bay at the Hilton Alger hotel. Take the complimentary shuttle service from Houari Boumediene Airport to reach the hotel in approximately 15 minutes. The center of Algiers is a 15-minute drive from the hotel. Ideal for business, the hotel is adjacent to the Algiers International Exhibition Center, has meeting and event space with WiFi for 15-1000 guests, and a business center with a complimentary printing service amongst other supportive business services and equipment. Settle in to a contemporary guest room with a balcony and garden views. Surf the web with high-speed internet access at the large desk or relax watching the HDTV. Choose a deluxe room for sea views or indulge in more space with a suite featuring separate areas for living and sleeping. Take advantage of the array of recreational activities in this oceanfront Algiers hotel. Admire Mediterranean views from the outdoor pool surrounded by lush gardens. Enjoy a workout in the fully equipped fitness center, play tennis on the two complimentary floodlit courts or simply relax in the sauna. Savor locally and internationally inspired cuisine in one of seven dining and beverage venues in the Hilton Alger hotel. From relaxed poolside fare at The Poolhouse to authentic tagines at Casbah restaurant, there are culinary options to suit any occasion and taste. By night listen to the live music at Kantar bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Alger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Algiers Hotel Algiers
- Hilton International Algiers