“Probably one of the best seafood places in the mediterranean”

Restaurant Chez Sauveur
Ranked #38 of 298 Restaurants in Algiers
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lemesos
“Probably one of the best seafood places in the mediterranean”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I went there following the "trip advisor" review guide (first option the taj mahal did not inspire me being indian food and recently having travelled to mumbai). The ride in taxi was 40 minutes being myself in the wrong side of town! but it was worthy!

The shrimps were great, the waiter helped me to choose 2 different fish of a regular size (considering I was eating by myself) and suggested me how to prepare it. the freshness of the fish was notorious in the eye and in the mouth!. The fish and shrimps were accompanied by french baguettes and pitta bread (i did not see nor order potatoes or rice and not sure what other options are on the menu).

good prices, good crowd (the place is big with 2 floors!) and good breeze from the sea with a nice view from a fishing port.

I will recommend it fully!. I went back to my hotel not only full but also very happy.

• Visited October 2011

Cologne, Germany
“Algiers, We love you”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We went to Sauveur during our last trip to Algiers, its an amazing restaurant very well known for his delicious fish. The German people call it : Das schmutzige Tuch" because of his table clothes. The atmosphere is super, very familial and you can meet all kind of people, from High Society till the postman. Everyone is welcome and feel really home.We had a great evening with friends and we enjoy the best fish in Algiers.
Thanks Sauveur !!!