“View was spectacular. Rooms were very small.”
Review of Fillenwarth Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arnolds Park
Fillenwarth Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arnolds Park
Iowa
“View was spectacular. Rooms were very small.”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Great hotel for a short trip, lots to do. Swimming in the lake was fun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
omaha
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We just spent a long weekend at Fillenwarth Beach. We had a group of 12 staying in a 14-person cabin. The room was dated but clean, there was enough space for all of us, and everything was in working order. Parking was easy and everything was in walking distance.

Since we had a wide range of ages and interests, it was great that there was something for everyone. The included activities - skiing, cocktail cruises, arts and crafts, tennis, sailing, paddleboating, canoeing, and swimming at the beach - were tons of fun and easily accessible. They had plenty of life jackets in all sizes and everyone we encountered from the staff was very nice. We all had fun. For more options, Arnold's Park and jet skis to rent were nearby (within walking distance).

This is definitely not a fancy place, but for a really fun family get-away with little hassle, this resort is great.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank OmahaFamilytraveler
Fla
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Had extended family reunion at resort last weekend.
Nice place with a lot of free things that other resorts charge for.
Free stuff-kids crafts every morning,beer tasting,chocolate tasting,paddle boats,canoes,booze cruise,home tour cruise,family cruise,play ground,ping pong,pool.
Olde resort with some exterior cosmetic repairs needed but staff was excellent and interior of cabins great.We were in 141,,2 bedrooms,4 beds and a pullout.
Kitchen very well equiipped,pots and pans better than what we have at home.
Only downside is not a lot of green places for kids to run around.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank motator
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I have vacationed at Fillenwarth Beach every summer for over 20 years and love the place. The value is outstanding as there are so many fun things to do included in the price of the room/cottage. Free boat rides, ski lessons, parties...the fun does not stop. If you just want to relax and enjoy the beautiful view or spend time with family and friends there is no place better. What impresses me the most is that the same families go back year after year. The employees are friendly and quick to take care of guests' needs. I can't imagine a summer without a stay at Fillenwarth's.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Babaloo1
Boone, Iowa
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I have gone to Fillenwarth Beach every year since 1993 and continue to be amazed at the quantity and variety of activities there are for guests to do. Complimentary cocktail cruises on the SunRunners and I don't just mean the ride is complimentary, the drinks and snacks are also free! You can also go skiing, sailing, take a boat ride around the lake and look at some of the unbelievable houses that line the shore. Then you can also go to chocolate, beer or wine tasting parties, do arts and crafts with your kids, get a little exercise at swimmercize, pilates or boot camp or watch your kids participate in fun games and activities. Not done yet, you can swim in the pools, take a paddleboat out on the lake, check out a movie to watch in your room, play ping pong or pool (for free) in the office. I know I'm missing something, but I think you'll get the idea...tons to do for families or couples.

The employees are helpful and polite. They do daily maid services during your stay. The rooms are clean and I enjoy seeing what changes they make each year. You begin to recognize and get to know the same families who come back year after year. I read the two negative reviews on here with disbelief because I have had nothing but great experiences there. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

• Liked — All the free stuff lets us enjoy our vacation without breaking the bank.
  • Disliked — Going home
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MamaDinB
waterloo iowa
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I stayed in a "16" person room over the weekend for a wedding. There were only 10 of us that stayed there and it was extremely cramped. We did not have hot water the whole time we stayed there. When I went to check out and told them of this problem, the owner told me that "I didn't know how to work the shower." I asked him and another owner to come to the room so I could show them what we had wrong. They said no and sent the maintenance guy and he was in the mechanical room for 7-10 minutes. When he came to our room both showers worked perfectly???!!!!! So I went back to the office and they said nothing was wrong and it was our fault we did not know how to work a shower. I have never been so disrespected in my life and want everyone to know what a dishonest bunch of people are running the place. Stay someplace else and use the hundreds of extra dollars you saved on some of the fun stuff to do in Okoboji!!!!! Worst service ever!!!!!!

• Liked — Not Being there
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank kdizzleWaterlooIowa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2004

We stayed at Fillenwarth in August 2003. We were extremely disappointed with the rooms. The carpet and bedspreads looked as if they had not been updated in 50 years. The three rooms we rented all smelled of mold. The bathrooms were barely functional with slow draining tubs, toilets that did not flush properly, and ripped ghastly linoleum on the floor. The community facilities; waterskiing, cruises are commendable but unfortunately do not come al la carte separate from the rooms. Honestly, I can't believe that this place is still in business if all the rooms are as bad as the three that we rented.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bridges Bay Resort
Bridges Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Arnolds Park
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to Fillenwarth Beach? Share your experiences!