“Food A+, Service was sub-par”
Review of Taco House

Taco House
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Arnolds Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Okay, I love the Taco House, but was not happy about my most-recent visit. The employees during my stop seemed to have the attitude of, "We know our food rocks, so we know you'll put up with bad service."
Surprisingly, there was no one at the counter when I arrived. Several people had ordered and were waiting, but other than that, the place did not have a crowded feel.
A cocky young man took my order, the entire time looking over and smirking at people who were apparently his friends waiting for their orders behind me. I wondered if he was smirking at my clothes or something else about me. It was awkward.
Right in the middle of placing my order, another customer came up to the counter and requested sour cream. The kid stopped waiting on me, got her sour cream, told her how much it would be, and then came back to me.
I ordered and then he walked away. He didn't ring up my order, just walked away. He didn't take the money for the other lady's sour cream. She ended up just leaving money and walking away. I remained at the counter and an older woman appeared at the register. She asked if I needed to pay and I let her know I did. Smirky kid returned and had the same odd way about him. He just stood there and watched the people behind me, smiling and laughing occasionally. He didn't help pour sodas, didn't help in the kitchen, he was doing nothing and in fact, he was really in the way.
I waited for my food and decided to eat in the newer addition. If you haven't been to the Taco House in a few years, you will love the addition - nice restrooms, clean tables, fresh breeze blowing in. Anyway, there is a door between the main part of the restaurant and this addition. I had my food, a beverage, several cups of salsa and my purse. When you are at the area for salsa and utensils, there is no place to put your tray so you have to juggle. I was having a difficult time and struggled more when an employee shut the door to the addition right in front of me without holding it open for me. I almost lost my soft drink. I swear, I didn't do anything to warrant the attitude.
I'll always return to the Taco House. I love the food and the prices. I know others feel the same way about the service but the employees know people will always come back and that's why service doesn't change.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! While the staff is not friendly and the place is pretty messy, the food makes up for it! The red salsa and red sauce "s are the best! And the nachos are a must order!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place has more traditional Mexican food. When I went there I ordered the fajita and it was FILLED with chopped peppers, a little too much for my taste, but overall it was really good for those who are interested in eating in Mexican restaurants with the traditional Mexican food.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate there for the first time this past weekend. It was chaotic, but the lines moved fast. There is no menu w/a description of items and it was hard to figure out what/how to order. The person taking our order was not very much help and reminded me of the soup-nazi on Seinfeld. He mocked me when I asked a question about a certain menu item. The food was average and we will not be going back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

You can tell that the food is good by the amount of people that eat here. The line is always long (which makes the wait for your food long). I would highly recommend the nachos. Always a good place to visit while in boji.