Bridges Bay Resort
$139
$109
$109
$129
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji(Okoboji)(Great Value!)
$130
$90
$156
  • Pool
Super 8 Spirit Lake/Okoboji(Spirit Lake)(Great Value!)
$101
$111
West Oaks Resort(Arnolds Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom condoindoor waterparkfull kitchenwater park isolder kidsfamily reunionthree bedroomthe rooms were niceswim up bargreat amenitiesthis past weekendfront desk staffhot tubchecking outlake okobojidebfireplace
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We checked in, paid $159.00 for a room plus $40 for water park passes that aren't included. As we tried to convince our children to get in the freezing cold indoor pool, a 5 foot long black water snake swam across the pool at us. TRAUMATIZED my young ones. Management netted it and threw it out the door without evacuating the pool. Needless to say, we left -immediately.

• Stayed: October 2013
14  Thank jobrown1
Dan T, Manager at Bridges Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi there and thank you for your time using Tripadvisor! While I do apologize for the issue you experienced in the waterpark, there are some points that I would like to discuss regarding your review as it is not exactly factual. A harmless Garter Snake entered the room from outdoors from a propped open door. This was not a "black water snake". Furthermore, there was (1) Garter Snake that entered the room. One (1) certainly does not constitute an "Infestation". The animal was promptly removed from the room as you stated by management. As the animal did not alter the balance or chemical levels of the pool, or pose a threat from something such as a fecal incident, the pool was not closed. This was not a situation which necessitated the pool being closed. Your family were the only people in the entire waterpark at the time. As a result, there weren't even any people to evacuate from the pool as you decided to leave. You were refunded your entire stay. Our front desk staff said that it seemed that your childen didn't want to leave, so I'm concerned as to how they were traumatized. Thanks again for your time and best of travels to you in the future!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel looks great from both the water and the road and has a lot of pull thanks to the waterpark, but once you are inside and look around your room your realize they just don't put any time into keeping the place up. The sheets are pilled and filled with holes and the beds themselves are just not comfortable. The room sizes are adequate and the water park is very nice. To get a bottle of water I had to check each vending machine on each floor and all were sold out of pretty much everything. The snack shop looked like it hadn't been restocked in weeks as well. The staff was indifferent to any of your needs and the waterpark was out of clean towels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Dan T, Manager at Bridges Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with us. Our bed linen is continually reviewed and items not up to standards are removed from circulation as appropriate. I apologize that an item made it through our inspections. The soda machines on the guestroom floors are maintained and filled by Dr. Pepper/7-UP, Pepsi Cola and Coca Cola. Sometimes after busy periods they can become depleted and we do apologize for any inconveniences. The sundry store near the front desk is replenished based on foreseeable occupancy levels to prevent expired items/etc. We will review this procedure more so as to not have it deplete as you experienced. Thank you much for your feedback and thank you for your business!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I chose to book a room here because we could bring our two small dogs, and I figured my daughter would enjoy visiting the water park. Since we did not stay during the peak season, the rate for our standard room was comparable to other hotels in the area. This wasnt the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, nor was it the dirtiest. All in all it was pretty typical of a motel room. It does not have a microwave or refrigerator (since technically the standard rooms are just the extra bedrooms for the suites) which was a negative because it forced us to eat all of our meals out. There are vending machines in each floor, but just soda, no snacks. The beds were advertised as queen size, but they were actually just full sized, which was also a definite negative. The linens and bedding appeared to be clean, but there were small holes all over the sheets and mattress cover, which I found odd. The TV was small and had lines through the top of the screen, and the armoir doors wouldn't stay open unless we propped them with a chair. The staff wasnt unfriendly by any means, but they were not very personable or
helpful. There was a small balcony off our room which was a really nice touch. It overlooked the pool, but we weren't bothered by any noise from the pool.
The room included two complimentary passes to the water park, which was great. The water park is definitely the highlight of this resort, and even if we stay elsewhere next time, we will likely visit the water park again.
All in all, it was average. I definitely wouldn't pay peak rates to stay here, but we would consider it in the off season. If they would just step up their service and add a few extra
touches this could be a really great place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Plaidfuzz

Hi there and thank you for your time here on Tripadvisor! We continually cycle through bed linens and inspect/remove from circulation as needed, so I do apologize that something made it through this process. We purchase linen monthly in order to stay ahead of the game. Regarding the television, we are in the process of trying to get the TVs updated so I do foresee changes in this in the near future. While we do not have snack machines on the guestroom floors (to prevent expired items from the cyclical/seasonal nature of our resort) we do have a sundry store next to the front desk which has food items stocked and is available to guests 24-hours a day! Our suites do come equipped with a full kitchen, however, it is true as you mention and per our website details that our standard double-queen rooms are set-up like a normal hotel room and do not have a refrigerator and microwave. We do offer refrigerators and microwaves for a very small rental fee if someone wants to rent one for the standard double-queen rooms. Furthermore, we have made a number of changes in our housekeeping department regarding staffing and I feel that our changes have certainly been noticeable since doing so. Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your business!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was a little disappointed with whoever was suppose to call me back. We stayed at this resort on August 17th, 2013. Everything was great until I decided to take a bath. We stayed in room 1309. It was really cold that night so I decided to take a bath and the tub was about 1/2 full. I got into the tub and was laying at the back end of the tub when the faucet came undone and scorching hot water sprayed me at my bikini area. It was horrible!! I had a horrible nights sleep so I decided to talk with a manager in the morning. It was 9 am when we checked out and there wasn't a manager available so I spoke with the front desk lady and she said a manager would contact me. Well 2 weeks later I have not heard anything. The thing that frustrates me is I was very polite to the front desk lady about my situation and I am more concerned for other people. If a kid were to be taking a bath and that happens that kid could get hit right in the face.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hello! I am so sorry to hear about this. I am very disappointed that information was not passed on properly as well. Please feel free to contact us about this. We have double checked the temperature on the boilers as well. Everything is correct and at proper levels. Safety is always of concern to us. This is disheartening to see and we really do apologize. Thank you for your time and for your business and as I said, I'd love to chat with you.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for two reasons, it had a full size kitchen and an indoor pool/waterpark. Check in is not until 4 so when we arrived at 2pm, we were not surprised that we couldnt get our room. We ate lunch at Bracco while we waited and both the food and the drinks were great ( although a little pricey). We had a 3 bedroom condo which consisted of 3 hotels rooms adjoining. The middle one was a suite with a bedroom, a full size kitchen, a dining room area with room for 6 and a balcony with a table and chairs. Each of the two other rooms were basic hotel rooms with 2 double beds, a small table and chairs and a smaller balcony. Upon arrival everything looked great but upon further inspection, the cleanliness factor was a disappointment. Inside the drawers and cupboards looked like it hadnt been cleaned ever. The dishes didnt look washed. The AC unit in the suite had a wooden cover on it and there was too much dust on it to see between the wood planks. My entire family's allergies went nuts on night one. The balconies had cob webs and dirt everywhere. They needed a good power washing before letting people check into them again. The staff was friendly and Dan ( director of first impressions) gave us a great recommendation for a mexican restaurant to eat at ( El Parian- Amazing) The water park and outside pools were nice but the lifeguards were lacking. They were either shooting baskets or chatting with each other more than they were actually watching the pool/kids. Many times, there was no lifeguard at all at the top of the water slide or at the outdoor pool. They closed the outdoor pool on us early on Saturday night and made us go in the waterpark even though I called before we checked in to confirm times on both. There were over 10 people swimming outside when they closed the pool on us. There is a nice covered pavillion with picnic tables and grills. 1 of the 4 grills actually worked and it was disgusting. We had to scrap it really good to get is clean enough to cook on. Our balconies faced the pool and you could hear everything outside and in the halls. The walls were thin so we had to keep the fan on all night to drown out the noise. They rented out the pavillion and the outdoor bar to a company picnic that went late and was really loud. There was a fight and blood was splattered every where on the concrete outside near the pool. They did a bad job cleaning it up but they closed the bar. Most of the drunk people just went to Bracco and kept drinking. Overall, I could have rented a condo or a 3 hotels rooms cheaper than what we paid for the 3 bedroom condo here. I was disappointed with the quality based on what we paid. If it was cleaned better and the lifeguards were given a little more training, I would have no problem returning but at this point, we are looking elsewhere for our Okoboji trip next year.

Room Tip: Get a suite, the space is worth it but if you face the pool, be prepared for noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sarabada
Dan T, Manager at Bridges Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced at Bridges Bay. The scuffle between customers that you describe was handled to the best of the staff's ability. Unfortunately, we are not able to predict folks' behavior all the time... The bar was closed immediately when the group started to get out of hand. The area was cleaned appropriately and thoroughly afterwards. For the behavior of the waterpark staff, a number of the associates we had through the summer are no longer with us. A new waterpark manager has been added to the team over the past two weeks, and the changes have already been quite positive and noticeable. While it is no excuse, the balconies can be difficult to keep every last bit of dust and debris off of them as we are so close to the lake with a constant exposure to northern wind on the hill. As the season is now winding down, our deep cleaning process is beginning. This is annual and includes all carpet cleaning, steam cleaning of furniture, removal of duct vents, removal/cleaning of all HVAC units, etc. The process is quite thorough and includes preventative maintenance procedures in each room. If I can do anything to bring you back to us, please contact me. Our summer was incredibly busy, and a number of new processes have already been put in place based on the summer's activity. Thank you for your time and th