“Maybe I'm just new, but how about a maid?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridges Bay Resort

Bridges Bay Resort
Elkton, Maryland
“Maybe I'm just new, but how about a maid?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Actually I'd rate 2.5 The room was nice. The View was ok but obstructed by the back of the bar sign, and at big night a light on the back of the building shining back at you in the evening, well all night. that would not go out. Ruins the sunset. I offered money to the employees to turn it off, but they said it doesn't turn off. Bring your bb gun and take care of that. More about "famous bar" later.
Maybe I'm just new to "resort" kinda things. But I am used to a bit more service. Desk staff was very polite. However, Maid service, requested twice, never came. Although the halls were always filled with other peoples dirty towels and linens, ALWAYS. Is that a resort thing? Was I supposed to throw all my dirty stuff and overgrown trash cans into the hallway? I almost did. Kinda low class for the dollars spent on my first vacation in 10 years. I left a note about no maid at the desk on way out. never received a call from management or a credit on my bill. How did the lady with the puppy keep it from peeing on the piles of towels?
Kids enjoyed the water park, but having to be there myself in the heat even thought there are lifeguards, well, my kids can swim and don't cause problems. My face was in a book so if they drowned I didn't notice.
Baaka whatever bar. While the locals told me it was good, I figure they don't get out much. It was OK. But for the first time in years I left less than a minimum tip. In fact, after getting our food, we never saw our waitress again. the other 2-4 people in the restaurant seemed to be being served. It wasn't because they were busy. Two people behind the counter couldn't find her either. They were probably busy aiming the light on the back at my balcony.
Oh yea, flat screen does not mean hdtv or large. These were prob the thing in the early 90's (20 years ago) But any place I've been in nw iowa is about 10 years behind on the television curve. WoW Okoboji has cable now! No more adjusting rabbit ears for a farm report. !
Oh one more thing, not their fault, but if you put your swimsuit or other "unmentionables" out on your balcony to dry, they might land in my breakfast on my balcony below. And when one garment disappears, why would you hang out another? Another resort thing? Eww.

Room Tip: Hire a maid.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MrDoug1
, General Manager at Bridges Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, we sincerely appreciate it. I am pleased that overall you had a great stay but wanted to address some of your concerns. Our housekeeping service is an option (unlike many other condos that charge no matter what) that we provide should a guest elect to do so. I apologize that our staff did not provide that to you when requested. I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper about this as well as the linen & bags that are put in the hallways before being taken to our laundry area. These should not be left for more than a matter of minutes and certainly should not be there for longer.

I will personally pass along your feedback regarding Bracco to their management staff.

Thank you again for your feedback, we cannot wait to see you again in the future!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pipestone, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Our family of 15 came in November during Thanksgiving break. We took advantage of a winter get away special. It still was expensive for the young couples with small children. We stayed in the hotel. I found our room very clean and very tastefully decorated. The children really enjoyed the water park. All food has to be bought at the snack bar--do NOT let them catch you with Cheerios for a 2 year old :-) We asked if you could take a family picture in front of the lobby fireplace--yes--the young man at the front desk looked aghast as we re-arranged furniture but still smiled and was friendly. We have also just come and bought water park tickets. This is a grand place for an off season get away---it was clean , staff was great, was fun for the kids--I do not think Braccos is open off season so no dining---during the summer, I prefer to stay somewhere on the beach with a more Okoboji atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janelle503
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience. I am thrilled that you had a great time at Bridges Bay! Although Bracco is not open year-round, our Cantina inside ‘Boji Splash serves delicious pizzas, burgers & more even in the offseason.

We have various specials & packages both in the offseason as well as the summer season so please check with us to see if we have one that might work for you in the future.

Thank you again!
Pipestone, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

25 of us stayed here and it was a GREAT stay, the rooms are wonderful and I would highly recommend staying here, I will be back if I'm ever in the area again :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us! We cannot wait to see you again when you are in the Iowa Great Lakes.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We go to Okoboji every year and we usually stay at the same place. This year we decided to try Bridges Bay Resort for the first time because we needed to bring our dog and they allowed pets. We had a suite with one lockout and our unit had an amazing view of East Lake Okoboji. Compared to where we have stayed in the past, I feel like the cost of our suite was priced well. We had no problems with noise from other guests and it was quiet for us. We were on the top floor on a corner unit, so that may have been a factor in the quietness experienced. One thing that I was a little disappointed in was that you only got maid service once every 3 days (unless you wanted to pay $10 per unit per day for maid service). We survived, but with 3 children, we were definitely ready by day three for a room freshening. The other thing I wasn't a fan of was the layout of the main suite. You walk into the bedroom and sink area and pass through that to get to the kitchen and livingroom area. But, the wonderful view we had eased the pain of that. The last thing that bothered me was the horribly queaky doors. Every door in the place queaked very loudly. A little WD-40 would have done the trick. Next time I would have maintenance oil them instead of just living with it. The kids enjoyed being able to use the waterpark whenever we had time, so that was a bonus for them. I personally enjoyed the fitness room and it was never busy and I generally had it to myself. The restaurant, Bracco, at the resort actually has some of the best food in Okoboji so that was another plus. All in all, we were pleased with our stay and will stay at Bridges Bay again next time we go to Okoboji.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank D J
Luverne, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Quite disappointed by my first stay at this resort they call it, more like a Super 8 hotel. I paid a good amount of money for a 1 night stay during the week and then I had to buy extra tickets to get into the water park, which in my opinion is not much of a water park. I also had to pay $5 each for my wife and I just to be in the area to watch our teenagers stand in water. I was going to get a drink but they were very expensive. The motel lacked space and wow factor. It was just like every other cheap motel in the country but at much more of a price. There is no amazing views of the lake, there is no "beach" to play on, 30ft dropp off in fact. The restaurant is way over priced and the staff is rude. There is no fridge or microwave in the room and the TV is as old as the one at my grandparents' house! If you are trying to stay at a nice place keep looking, just because it is expensive doesn't mean you get good anything!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JackC48

Travelers are raving about these Arnolds Park hotels

Omaha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Where should I start? No hi, hello or welcome words,as we entered the lobby area, then in a rather crude way( What is your reservation number, hun?) I was asked if I had a reservation to stay on the premises. I provided Melissa Glassnick, with my confirmation number which I received afgter calling four times in a three I would find this very hard to believe. Then another young lady who was also working in the front desk, came over to assist Melissa and told her to click on apply. Then my second card miraculously worked. No words of apology for the all the mistakes etc.

The regular tap water tastes awful, tasted like the water processing plant went bad, for sure.
Our mistake. The ice also tastes awful, since made from the same water. So we bought ice from outside.

Thr airconditioner is partially broke, every time we turn it to air conditioner mode it started rattling loudly. It was like sitiing next to a machine gun, so we had to set it to basic vent mode.

Complaining about this issue fell to deaf ears.

I would have to say this is probably the worst customer service that we had experienced in the last 23 or so years that we have been traveling around the globe, multiple times.

I definitely would like a significant discount if not a full refund.

Professionalism at a fundamental level is lacking, I will tell all my friends, all my business associates about this.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Mozart392
Mankato
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

There was a large group that came to Bridges Bay and we filled 2 three bedroom condos. The staff was very accommadting with all our requests to have the two condos close to each other. It was a great weekend. Thank you Steph, Isaac, and Jarad !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ArrowwoodManager, General Manager at Bridges Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate you as a guest and hope to see you and your group back at Bridges Bay in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnolds Park
Ramada Spirit Lake/Okoboji
#1 of 5 in Spirit Lake
Vintage Block Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to Bridges Bay Resort? Share your experiences!