“Much better Mexican food elswhere.”
Review of Mrs. Lady's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Mexican
Peoria, Arizona
“Much better Mexican food elswhere.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I used to like eating here, until better Mexican restaurants opened in the area. The servers are rude and you'll have a thick layer of grease left on your plate when you're done.

Visited March 2013

Spencer, Iowa
“CHEESE!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you are looking for alot of cheese, this is the place to go! Don't plan on getting authentic mexican food. While the food is very fresh and tasty, it is not what I would call "real Mexican" - more like an Americanized verions.

• Visited January 2013
Ocheyedan, Iowa
“Umm ya”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you like Tex Mex this is a ok place ! If you want lots of cheese this is your place! Service is ok but no atmistphere !

Visited July 2012
Iowa
“I think it was never as good as I thought”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I wish I felt better about Mrs Ladys but I think I had nostalgia-skewed memories about it. It's not horrible, but it's pretty average food, service and ambience.

Visited April 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Such a disappointment.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I used to go to Mrs. Lady's as a child. This was my first visit in a couple of decades.

If you judge the quality of a meal solely by the quantity of the meal, this is the place for you. I do believe that is what the restaurant is going for, and they do that well (always have). What they don't do well: service - slow and not remotely friendly; atmosphere - tired and dated with no character; Mexican food - the salad looked like the quesadilla looked like the enchilada -- basically everything is just a big pile of meat and sauce and cheese, maybe some lettuce or beans thrown in. It's not really Mexican food. Even assuming they aren't trying to portray themselves as a Mexican restaurant (and maybe they aren't), the food has no quality other than "huge". Not what I want to spend my money on.

On the bright side, a 10-year-old at our table proclaimed it "the best taco ever!" So, if you are a 10-year-old boy, or like to gorge yourself regardless of quality of food, this is probably a good place for you.

• Visited August 2012