“great place to stay if your on a business trip”

Super 8 Ankeny/Des Moines Area
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed December 4, 2009

great staff great service clean room great location to stay in this motel i like to stay this place

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Ankeny/Des Moines Area

Reviewed April 26, 2009

I returned to this motel after about a year and two other Super 8 stays around the midwest. We just needed a short night stopover. I found it improved from my stay a year ago and a vast improvement over the other two Super 8's I visited this year. Lobby was comfortable, breakfast area clean with expected offerings and the room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient although the presentation of both the night desk and morning desk folks was sub-casual.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I came here to vacation with my family, and the hotel was great. They had very good costumer service, and the rooms were very clean. The pool was also great and my kids loved it. Deffinatly stayiing here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 10, 2008

this trip was supposed to be a fun getaway for my family and i but we were highly disappointed. the rooms were filthy, floors dirty and stained with food and drinks, bathrooms had dirt, the chairs had stains all over them. the front desk clerks night and day. were rude and stuck up, and had no idea what they were doing. they had no knowledge of anything going on nor did they care if you had a question or concern. chemical room in the pool was opened up so anyone one (including children) could just walk in and get into things. over all my family and i wil not be staying at this hotel again.!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank amberley127
Reviewed July 28, 2007

My wife and I booked a weekend stay at Super 8 in Ankeny. We got there Jaccuzi suite. It was our 17th wedding anniversary we wanted a nice place to stay and be close to the areas of interest we wanted to see. I will make this short. The room was filthy, I mean Really filthy. The night clerk tried to charge us $100.00 more than when we booked our reservations. We were lied to on several occuations. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. On one positive note. The room was beautiful. Except for all the food smashed on the floor, ash trays, the smell, and the list goes on and on. But thank the good lord the NS manager personally looked at the room prior to us getting there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank timandlisar
Reviewed March 30, 2007

Great for the money. Nice pool area that is kept clean. The rooms are basic, but clean. We have stayed several times and have always been satisfied. Also -they allow pets.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dispatchergurl
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I know not to expect much from Super 8, but this is supposed to be a "Super 8 Select" and so hoped for more. Unfortunately, I didn't see any difference from others I've had to stay in (one of only a very few hotels I could find that will take pets in the Des Moines area for a reasonable price).

Barely passable beds, but clean enough. The real bummer was having to listen to the idling semis parked behind the hotel. If you have to stay here, request a room towards the front.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family