“Great”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed May 13, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We saw the sign that said indoor pool and decided to stop. When we got in the inside sign said" pool out of service ". We should have taken this as a warning. Room SMELLED bad but we opened the window turned on the AC. Desk clerk came to our door and told us we had to move to a different parking spot immediately as we were in the manager's spot and they wanted it. There was no sign stating this. Manager gave me the old stink eye when I came back in.
In the morning I saw that the smoke detector had a tissue stuffed in it probably to allow smoking in our non-smoking room. A very unpleasant experience.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I had our one year anniversary this past weekend. We placed a reservation for a room with a king bed and a hot tub. When we got there we checked in and went to our room. To our surprise the first thing we noticed was the room was filthy. Then upon inspection the room had a full sized bed and no hot tub. We went back to the receptionist to point out the mistake; she said the room was cleaner than our house (we had never met this woman before), that the bed was a king and that the room didn't have a jacuzzi but it had a bathtub with hot running water and that was what they ment by "hot tub". We will NEVER stay there ever again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Arrived and the reservation was all wrong, so was questioned about my ID. I had the correct confirmation number.
The swimming pool was closed and having some kind of repair, so we were told. I have managed resorts with pools and I saw nothing being worked on or sides of it. The pump room was locked and no one around.
The room had to find a plug in that could hold a plug. Placed my cell phone charger in plug in that TV was plugged into. It shorted the plug in out, then no television. The remote had low batteries, when front desk was informed, there was replacement batteries.
The heater was set on 72 degrees heat, it was the air conditioner was on. My lady and took a shower and found out there was one set of towels instead of two. When asking the front desk for more than set of towels, they had an excuse of why one set was in the room. We were given an extra set, come on two adults in a room with a king size bed.
The breakfast wasn't the best either. Toast, cold cereal, five banana and sweet rolls not enough for the quest. I passed and eat elsewhere. I will not talk of the color of the orange juice.
I wouldn't recommend staying there, it was a disappointment.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends