“Dirty, Smelly and Rude”

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Cheerful greeting on arrival with room ready and clean! We had a late arrival, but we still had a room, even with a full hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Ok value for an ok rooom. Nothing special here but you get what you pay for. Needs new carpet and updating but it is ok for a quick stay. I would stay here again but it's just ok. Beds were comfy and it was quiet. Breakfast was decent. Could use a good cleaning as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Purchased a night at this location on a popular travel website, as a "blind purchase", one for which the guest supposedly receives a bargain price at an unknown location. ( I thought it would be expedient to do so.) The two bed room I had asked for turned out to be a one bed room for two (number of beds are not guaranteed, as I learned at check in). Turns out the rate was no less than I would have paid at any other online site, whether for the one bed I got for my first purchase or the additional payment required to get what I wanted in the first place. My bad, not to be borne by the motel, although the clerk did say he'd had other guests with the same experience.

However, the motel is responsible for the lack of any sign of deep cleaning in recent years, as evidence by the dirt trapped inside the heating / cooling unit, the dark (tobacco smoke?) stains on the tub surround, or the crumbling base of the wall in the bathroom.

The small, thin towels were adequate, but I have no hair to dry.

The standard definition television was a reasonable size but didn't actually display all the channels it supposedly had access to. The bed was adequate and my sleep undisturbed, despite its proximity to a main street. (I sleep the sleep of the dead, however. I heard others complain over breakfast about their inability to sleep.

As for breakfast: you'll get the calories and caffeine you need, but not much pleasure from the experience. Beverage choices include two juices, coffee and milk. Breakfast cereals appeared as I finished my self-made waffles (fair) and decided against the small pre-wrapped sweetrolls and bagels.

I expect you can do at least as well or possibly better for less, based on my review of other motels in the area.

Room Tip: Given the variation in reviews of this motel, ask to see your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teguzco
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We came early before check in time because we wanted to ride bikes on the Tressle Trail. The Indian man at the front desk let us put our food in a refrigerator which was very nice. We checked in later in the Day. It was about what you would expect for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Forgot I made my reservation included a pet? Forgot to make coffee after 8:00 am, even if I made the effort to let them know they were all empty? Thank my fellow Inn traveler that took it upon herself to make a couple pots for us customers. On a good note the pet allowed room was clean and hade no noticeable smells.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Ankeny hotels
Ramada Ankeny
#5 of 13 in Ankeny
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ankeny
WoodSpring Suites Ankeny
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ankeny

Been to Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines

Address: 105 NE Delaware Ave, I-35 Exit 92, Ankeny, IA 50021-6635
Location: United States > Iowa > Ankeny
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Price Range: $70 - $92 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Ankeny