“Room was great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Minnesota
“Room was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

The room was great!!! Everything was new & the bed was
comfortable. The towels were soft & I liked their complimentary
soaps. The front desk staff were helpful.

• Liked — The towels were soft
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2007

I knew booking this hotel was a mistake as soon as we entered the lobby. The hotel had a musty/moldy smell as if they had had major water damage and never replaced the carpets. The room was poorly maintained - needed paint and new carpet and required some repairs in the bathroom as well. The carpet was dirty - my white socks had DIRT on them after just walking around the room! After this disappointing experience, plus a previous bad experience with a Best Western that refused to honor our Confirmed Reservation (he had overbooked), I have never stayed at a Best Western again, nor do I ever plan to. I called the 800 number and learned that each Best Western is individually owned and operated, so the "chain" has no control over the individual hotel's practices. There are several other hotels within walking distance of the Best Western that I will try next time.

• Liked — Location was convenient to freeway and college in Ankeny
  • Disliked — Poorly maintained, dirty room was a very very poor value
  • Stayed April 2005, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Dusty_Sander

Travelers are raving about these Ankeny hotels

iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2006

I agree with filthy, keep your doors locked, with the chain!!! Someone entered the room after I left and put out the do not disturb sign and stood in the dark in front of our kids beds, luckily my husband was in the bathroom with the door closed and he left shortly. Our room wasn't cleaned the first night and barely the second, it was dirty, ran out of towels, it was extremly humid, I washed clothes (no dryer) and it was two days later when we packed up and still were wet. This is in the middle of the winter. Icould go on and on.

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank keywesttravelor
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2005

This hotel was filthy!! I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy some cleaning supplies before even considering staying the night! I didn't complain because we were there on a family weekend getaway and did not want my children to see me cause a scene. So I just waited for them to go to the pool and went to work cleaning. It was quiet and they liked the pool..but the hotel was old and nasty. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2005

I stayed at the Best Western in Ankeny for my cousin wedding in May.
This place was horrible. Not only is the hotel severly run down but the entrances from the outside to get to your room are not locked. My room was soo nasty I almost cried that Iwould have to stay there. The whole night I heard a buch of kids above me partying. I even heard one throw up! Disgusting! I did complain but nothing happend until I wrote to corperate. The apologized and said they were going threw a "transition stage" and were going to remodel soon. They gave me a coupon for a free stay if I was ever in town again. Like I'm goin to stay there again! Anyway the next night my husband and I moved across the street and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. It was wonderful and clean. Also it was $10 cheaper and we got free continantal breakfest.

8 Thank JtaimeWisconsin