“very good”
Review of Ramada Ankeny

Ramada Ankeny
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a late night check-in so my husband and I were very tired. The service was fine and the room was fairly clean. The carpet could be cleaner and the room door needed a paint job, just scuffed up a bit. The bed slept well and overall we were satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Ankeny

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Place was nice and staff at check in were courteous and kind. Had a 3 night stay which included breakfast every morning. At my first breakfast, the waitress took my card and never gave it back, even though I needed it the next several morning. When asked about it, she said I needed a new card. The breakfast itself left something to be desired...very greasy and limited choices. Decided it was not worth the effort to get a new card for that type of breakfast. Room was OK, much of the furniture had seen better days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The room was not clean. There were candy wrappers, a plastic juice tab, and plenty of lint on the carpet from the previous guests. The hotel is old and looks it. A diner is attached which has good food and good service. Most of the rooms surround an indoor pool which was decent looking. If you don't mind the dirt, it's an OK place to stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed five days August 2013 and were very comfortable. Room was clean, bedding was good. Has a salt water indoor pool and a restaurant on premises. Restaurant was ok, and we ate there several times. We were very pleased and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Pillow quality varies from hotel to hotel, if possible should bring your own.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel and we were given our first room it was dressed with only one king bed. I booked through Priceline and was suppose to be booking a room with 2 double beds. This being my first lesson ..... NEVER book through Priceline! I was told that regardless of what they say you are booking, they will always book you for a room with 1 King bed. I also learned that booking through Priceline also makes the hotel NOT RESPONSIBLE for any problems at all. We were fortunate that the hotel had a double occupancy available and were given a different room. Shortly after we got to our room we were greeted with a parade of ants. When my husband returned to the front desk to get assistance with this problem, he was given a can of ant killer and sent back to the room to take care of the hotels ant problem! Our shower would not drain and we were told that some rooms have this problem and they were aware of this. As a result they asked my husband if HE would like a plunger! HELLO!!!!!???? We are on vacation here! Why are we working for them when we paid them to work for us? To top things off the side doors didn't lock so we didn't feel as safe as I feel we should have. Very upsetting, we DO NOT plan to return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kendra P
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff was excellent and very helpful. The first room we were given was still being cleaned. We notified front desk, they apologized, and assigned another. I booked the room through the hotel itself and then later found a discounted rate online. I booked the discounted rate and called to cancel. The rep at the hotel canceled the wrong booking. When I checked out, I was charged the higher rate. The assistant manager was very helpful and worked with me to resolve the issue quickly, refunding the difference. Overall, the staff and customer service was superb! Housekeeping included. My main issue was that the side entry doors into the building never locked. This was a safety concern for me. Due to this, I wouldn't stay here again. If that weren't a concern, I would recommend it as a cheap, budget friendly hotel. Rooms were clean and met expectations for the price.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

If they read reviews the hotel would be better off. Carpet is filthy in rooms. Just disgusting. Paint peeling, ceiling tiles stained. The hotel is old but old does not have to mean dirty. many reviews on room carpet and room 251 looked like it was puked on. No excuse for dirt.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends