“The staff and the coffee make this place special”
Review of Cafe Diem

Cafe Diem
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Ankeny
Reviewed February 26, 2013

1. The greatest, friendliest, and most personable staff anywhere.
2. I don't have to order my coffee...they know me and all I have to say is: "The usual" which is a little different than most order!
3. The most wonderful, wonderful baked potato soup! Unlike any I've every had.
4. The only minus for me is no Baked Potato soup in the summer. I'd eat it on a hot beach!!

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I needed a place with wifi and came across this jem. The service was timely, fair selection of food and beverage and best reuben I have had in awhile. Great place for visitor and local alike.

1  Thank cakjan
Reviewed November 27, 2012

All day long they baked their own muffins and scones. Lunch and sandwiches are unique and tasty. More importantly they have great coffee. They always have a light and dark roast. These are not your average, store bought coffees. Instead they include a unique blend of coffees from around the globe. They rotate the coffees throughout the week.
The staff is friendly and they all have a sense of ownership in their work, which is refreshing.
The atmosphere is good to study, with a large enclosed room for meetings. They also have two couch sections for hanging out. of course there is free WIFI.
I have been to the one in Ames as well. It was the first of the two Cafe Diems. I like this one better.
Go enjoy great coffee and support the locally owned store!!!!

1  Thank jnlarmendariz
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is a great place to hang out, have meetings in their private room, or relax with the best Strawberry Smoothie I've ever had! Workers are always great and Bill is a great owner!

2  Thank Guitarjess
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Seriously, who cares if they have Jimmy deans?! Ridiculous complaint.
Anyway, it's by far the best coffee place I have found in Iowa!!! The staff is very nice and always seems to be happy, like they enjoy their jobs! They love to get you to try new drinks and I am glad they did!! So yummy! They also make homemade soup M-F till May-ish and it's amazing!! The sandwiches are good too! The atmosphere is very welcoming and fun! They also have a conference room that is FREE to reserve. I haven't used it, but it's cool! I would 100% recommend this place to everyone I know!!

1  Thank Chad-is-rad

Been to Cafe Diem? Share your experiences!