“Average ribs”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The service was good. My wife ordered the ribs and they were not very tasty, No real smokey flavor, it was like they were boiled first and than finished off with a sauce. I had a bone in New York strip that was good. My wife said she would not come back but if you order a steak I think it is a good place.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We live in Ankeny and have eaten there every once in awhile. I can say it has never been great, from inside food and service to takeaway. The last trip was terrible. I had a glop of hair in my garlic mashed potatoes (and rather runny), and my daughter's steak was raw although ordered medium.My mother ordered the haddock and it was alright, but very expensive for only the fish and a few vegetables and no salad. We also ordered the coconut shrimp which is usually alright, but these were small and over deepfried.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We aren't sure where they purchase their steaks (should be Iowa, right?), but when we dine there, they have always been very good! My wife has had seafood there and has been satisfied, too.Sometimes seating is slower, but only when very busy. One thought about the steak is that, unless you like a lot of seasoning, you need to tell them to moderate the amount put on.
service has been good. Location along I-35 is convenient for travelers.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a very nice family meal and the service was great! Enjoyed the specials especially the Mahi Mahi and the new deserts. Kids liked the mini milkshakes.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Food was fair. Salad had way too much dressing. Steak was fair tasting. Garlic mashed potatoes were more skins than potato. Waitress was friendly. She was new but did a pretty good job.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!