“Used to be a good buffet ~ not any more”
Review of China Buffet

China Buffet
Ranked #105 of 145 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When ever we visited Ankeny, we used to make China Buffet our lunch stop. However, this will now change. Our last visit was expensive in comparison to the meal we got. If it hadn't been for some of the offerings in the salad bar and soup we would have left almost as hungry as we arrived. The entrees were limited ~ you better like chicken and vegetables ~ and not kept fresh or warm. Service was lacking ~ and that is a generous description. It's uncomfortable to write a poor review but diners deserve to know what they can expect and the bottom line to this expectation is NOT MUCH. Sorry China Buffet. We will be dining else where until you get your act back together.

There are newer reviews for China Buffet

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have tried this place 5 times..it was worse each time. Food is greasy and not kept very hot. The service just plane sucks. They are not friendly, and they act like you are bother them.

Most of the time there is food on the floors and a mess around the buffett.

It is very rude to carry on a conversation with another co worker, while you are at a table with a customer and talk in another language...

We will not go back

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I do not like to ever give a bad review if I can help it but the food buffet here was the worse I have seen anywhere in my travels. Very unfriendly people and the place was extremely dirty. I almost did not stay but was very hungry. I should have gone to the Panera Bread a block away.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My daughter and I visit this buffet probably once a month. The food is the usual Chinese Buffet item although they do offer crab legs on the Sunday buffet.
The sushi is average but with a fair selection. The fact that they offer it is one of the reasons why I go back over and over.

1  Thank TravelBoy8491
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We visited China Buffet for lunch. The buffet had many selections and the food was fresh and delicious. If you like chinese buffet restaurants, this is a good one to try.

1  Thank Terri S

Been to China Buffet? Share your experiences!