“Nice Surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mpls
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We just happened to be passing through the Des Moines area around lunch time and decided to make a stop. Not being thrilled with the chains available we decided to check out Tasty Taco. We tried a few of the burritos which are made in a traditional style. If I am back in the area again, I will definitely make another stop.

1 Thank jc_planet

IOWA
“Mejor Taco te come en Iowa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Translated ~ best taco you'll ever eat in Iowa. The food is all very good but the flour shell taco is outstanding. You can choose beef, bean, chicken, steak, or pork. Then they add lettuce and cheese to a indescribably delicious flour shell. When you get it to your table you will want to put on their taco sauce to make it even BETTER!!!!!! I have on occasion tried the Burritos and Nacho Supreme but I am totally HOOKED on the original Beef Flour Taco. So give it a try ~ but not on Sunday. They are closed Sundays to honor family time.

• Visited June 2014
Boone, Iowa
“World's Best Taco's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

You will not find another Mexican restaurant in the world that serves tacos as mouthwatering satisfying than their deep fried flour tacos.

Visited June 2014
Iowa
“I like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been visiting family in Ankeny for years but I was just introduced to Tasty Tacos. One of my step sons really doesn't like it. But I really enjoyed their Original Taco. I'm not going to claim it's the best food ever, but I would stop in again and eat here any time!

• Visited May 2014
Chicago
“Great local alternative to the national fast food chains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is my favorite fast food taco in the Midwest. I wished I lived closer. I grew up here and after 20 years it is still excellent. The tacos are in a puffy, fried, flour tortilla filled to the brim with hamburger, beans, lettuce and finely shredded cheese. It is mild, so you'll want to put some hot sauce on it. Price is very reasonable. Service is fast and friendly. The building is no-frills, what matters is the food is great.

Be warned that this location is closed on Sundays. I've made that mistake on trips driving through.

• Visited March 2014