“Close to the hotel”

Chips Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed next door so this was very convenient for us. We went with a party of seven. It wasn't very busy and were seated pretty quickly. They brought us the chips which were OK, it's greasy fried food- everybody likes that right? The staff was friendly and pretty attentive but did get one of the orders wrong. Two of us had pizza, one had chicken, one had ribs and the rest burgers. No complaints about the burgers. I had a teriyaki chicken pizza and someone else the BBQ chicken pizza. Neither was very special. My son, who loves chicken, didn't finish his, a little surprising. He had no complaints, it just wasn't as good as he hoped. I didn't care for the ribs. It was very loud here. Not very many people but just a lot of ambient noise.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Fantastic homemade potato chips. Large quantities of food. Great wood oven pizza! I love their chicken parmesan.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Has been a long time since I have been here. Big sign out front that says under new management which didn't make me feel great.
Started poor when hostess didn't even acknowledge I was standing there.
We were seated in bar per request and had a couple of drinks and an appetizer. Drink was weak and served in a tall glass. Appetizer was very good at a nice price. Service was only fair.
Will likely not return as there are do many really good choices but it's not awful.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

They are known for their chips.. homemade; but still pretty "oily". Family gathering of ten.... sat in separate room.. nice service.... good food.... nothing special to make me want to go back. Nice to have in the Ankeny area... (we used to live their several decades back)..
we may stop back for a burger sometime.. but that's about it.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Overall, wasn't expecting alot. Service and food was good. Price was fair. Fresh basket of chips taste good.

1  Thank Aurthorfonzarilly