“Big servings, best brunch ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jethro's BBQ LakeHouse

Jethro's BBQ LakeHouse
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ankeny, Iowa
“Big servings, best brunch ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I normally share my Jethros brunch and still take part home. Big servings is an understatement. Tenderloin with hashbrowns, cheese, bacon, pulled pork and eggs. Side of biscuits. I always ask and receive poached eggs instead of. Scrambled. The tenderloin is platter size. Food is spectacular. Ask the college kids where to go for weekend brunch! Jethos is the answer!

• Visited March 2014

Ankeny
“A lively place to eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a new restaurant in Ankeny and has been very successful in its operation. It has an extensive barbeque menu and other items. The food is excellent and the portions are generous. Prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is loud because of the music and open ceiling. The bar is well stocked with a variety of drinks.

• Visited December 2013
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to Jethros and a "Failure" in the Adam Emmenecker challenge (but I'm not alone)...we are always impressed with the excellent food and super friendly service that we receive here. This is a consistent excellent option for good food and conversation. Eat at Jethros...take the challenge!

1 Thank IOWAPREZ
Iowa
“Just a fluke?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I along with 10 of my family members went to Jethro's for a celebration today. I have never eaten at Jethro's but all of my other family members have. They've eaten there plenty of times and at different Jethro's locations. First impression was that parking seemed a mile away. I had to park quite a bit away as they were busy. Not that big of a deal, yet they never bothered to sand/salt the walkway so it was icy and not fun. After we were seated, our waitress got our drink order right away. I must say, the server was AWFUL. No smile, no inviting expression, nothing. We were there at 11:30. I had read on-line that they have brunch however, didn't have a brunch menu. When I inquired with the server, she seemed annoyed that I asked but brought over the menu. It didn't take long to decide what we wanted, but once we did the server again insisted we yell our order to her. She refused to come to our end of the table to take the order. She just continued to ask "what did you say?". There was no way she could hear us as it was rather noisy in there. Finally, I had to ask if she could come down to our end and take the order. And she did rather reluctantly. I ordered brunch, my kids ordered lunch. The food was HORRIBLE. I had biscuits & gravy with hashbrowns and scrambled eggs. The biscuits were so hard on the bottom you couldn't cut through them with a fork and they had a stale taste. The eggs were ok, and the hashbrowns were tough to cut through as well. The gravy seemed to have ok flavor. My son had chicken strips. Absolutely no flavor what so ever. He ate some of mine. My other son had a grilled cheese. They couldn't screw that up. My sister had wings, hers came burnt. My sister's mother-in-law had an omelet and while she thought that was ok, toast was burnt. My father had the Texan dip. It was extremely bland with no flavor. Had to ask the bus girl for take home containers (she was the happiest employee we ran into) since our server was no where to be found. Overall based on this one experience, I would never visit again. I know plenty of people rave about it, maybe this one visit was a fluke? I'm not sure. But I'll be hesitant to ever consider paying for this experience again. And I will say I did stop and talk to the manager on the way out to advise our waitress was less than thrilled to be there but the bus girl had an attitude of a true server. The manager handled the interaction well.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ankeny, Iowa
“Regular Visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've not had a bad meal at Jethro's in Ankeny. Everything ordered is always hot, flavorful and plentiful. Their ribs a tender melt in your mouth bites of heaven. Servicers are always friendly and on top of taking care of their customers. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good BBQ type food. I will say because the restaurant is always busy it can get a bit noisy, but it's all part of the atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013