“Good place to eat”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Goo place to eat. The only small negative thing about this place is the fact they have no booths to sit at. Just tables and high tops and I'm one who can't stand sitting on top of the other person while that are eating!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I haven't tried the ribs so its hard to say its great BBQ. The sandwiches are very flavorful and huge. I have had the Texas Dip which is made up of brisket. Also had the melt with smoked turkey and pork. The waffle fries are very good. The inside does look like a inviting lakehouse. Great place just to go have a few drinks. My son says the tenderloin is huge and tasty.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We ate there last week in the late afternoon. We both ordered the Brisket sandwiches, and they were very good. The portions were large. We each took home at least half of our food. The fries were goog and crispy, and again large portion.
We are happy to have a Jethro's here in Ankeny!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

So glad Jethros finally came to Ankeny! I have always been a fan of the original one at Drake as well as the one in Altoona (their service in Altoona isn't all that great in my opinion) so to hear one coming to Ankeny was awesome!

Hands down the appetizer pulled pork nachos are delicious... they were runner up for the Cityview 2012 for best nachos. I've even gotten them as my entree! Also 2 for 1 wing nights are a MUST! I think they blow BDubbs out of the water with their wings being smoked and not fried Service was great, the girls really take care of you and make sure you have a good time.(We even went on opening night and service went above and beyond.. you never would have thought it was opening night!) Wait was never that long and we were able to get in and get out. I definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went on a Saturday night and expected there to be a wait. Even though they have a large dining area, demand far exceeded supply. After 45 minutes we got our table. Once our order was taken, we got our food very fast. Our pulled pork sandwiches tasted great and were made of generous portions! One of the couple we went with ordered the 1/2 rack, The taste was good, they said, but I thought the portion was a bit skimpy.