“Enjoyable Place for Lunch”

Los Charros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 149 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Craving Mexican food? El Charro Mexican Restaurant of Ankeny, IA is here for you. We are a family owned and operated business with full bar service. Our restaurant features homemade tortillas and a mesquite wood grill for the tastiest Tex-Mex cuisine. Our love for our food allows us to create dishes with the freshest ingredients and the finest traditional Mexican recipes. Our friendly and accommodating staff will be glad to serve you. Experience a great family restaurant.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I decided to try El Charro for lunch. We both ordered the Burrito/Taco combo lunch. While we were waiting, we enjoyed warm chips and flavorful salsa. We had been here several years ago and they also served a cheese sauce but it was not offered this time. Our server was very friendly and efficient. Our lunch came out quickly and was tasty and freshly made. The price for our lunch was comparable to other meals. We will come back.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went in there 3 different times and got charged different. Prices for my margaritas .. They just make up there own prices on alcohol here .. I have reported my case with others and I'm told there will be getting there liqueur license taken away in the next month.. Don't go here there dishonest

1  Thank Jon E
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Loved the items on the menu and the prices. Best we've found here so far and we have tried several!!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe how authentic this food was. My friend and I love Mexican food and both ranked it at the top of our list. We won't go anywhere else in ankeny! Server was quick, helpful and kind. Bathroom was clean!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We travel to Puerto Vallarta a couple of times a year. And we can easily compare the food here to a lot of our faves in Vallarta. Sergio and his staff do a wonderful job making you feel welcome. It is great to use our "spanglish" with them as well. The portions are more than generous and quite tasty. I have yet to have a bad meal here yet. and the "Top Shelf" margaritas are wonderful They have an excellent selection of tequila (other than Jose Cuervo or Patron). enjoy