“Clean, spacious”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Driving across country with family for trip to Yellowstone. Found this hotel using TripAdvisor. Excellent, clean, spacious, but expensive (perhaps because it was next to State Motor Vehicle office, and we had a King suite, which was the only remaining room). Recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel many days out of the year and this Hampton Inn is definitely on the top of the list for room comfort and great TV selection. If you do online gaming after work and need a high speed net connection, this is not the place. Hampton's are notorious for slow connections and lag since 2008.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very Friendly front desk staff. Room was spotless. Very quiet even with baseball tournament teams staying on the second floor. It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere but just a mile north on 35 there is a ton of restaurant's &Walgreen's if needed. Would definitely stay here again. Can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn & Suite's.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long day's drive we were thrilled to stay in this new, clean, spacious hotel. Our family of 5 fit with lots of extra room in a suite, and the kids loved the beautiful pool. The eating area was spacious and stocked with coffee, iced lemon water, and apples when we arrived, and breakfast the next morning was a complete meal. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom large, and everything was great. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Appears to be a very new hotel, but I was surprised by the poor quality of construction. The bathroom door could not close because of a high spot in the floor tile! Really? I do agree with a previous reviewer that the front desk clerk was very uninformative. The bed was uncomfortable. I guess I would have given this property 2 stars if it wasn't for the fact that my stay was free! (Used Hilton Honors points) It was very clean though... will give them that!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have always held Hampton Inns with very high regards and the front desk staffs friendly attitudes. At this location the front desk clerk was not friendly, told me nothing about the hotel, where anything was, nothing. I had to ask all the questions. I was tired and I know Hamptons always greet honors members and give you the run down but this guy didn't seem to care about nothing but to get rid of me. I am a new Honors member, he didn't even as if I was, I had to tell him. He said he would TRY to look me up but couldn't even find me. Didn't offer any advise on how to even find me in the system. Said if I found my number to let him know.

I really needed a hot tub so I chose Hampton, always do. They are always clean and I know they always check the chlorine content carefully. I checked in and hit the hot tub. After driving for hours and my back killing me that was all I wanted. I got in and noticed the strong smell of chlorine. As much as I needed relief I stayed in, my eyes started burning so after 15 mintutes I got out. After returning to my room I smelt horrible of chlorine and my eyes continued to burn.

Very disappointed as this was the only reason I wanted to get a room there. When changing clothes in the bathroom I also noticed big toe nails laying on the carpet outside the door which was discusting. I have always enjoyed Hampton Inns for their high standards and cleanliness but was very disappointed in this location. As pretty as it was I feel they could take better care of their hot tub and clearly the room was not inspected because the toenails were very visable.

This was not a good experience for me at all. Manager needs to step it up a little with a few things there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Terry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The breakfast was above average. The staff was friendly. I can't really fault the hotel for this but the place was full of little league players in town for a tournament so the lobby and pool areas were somewhat overrun by the noisy little munchkins. We heard a few bumps and thumps above us in the evening but it quieted down after about 10 PM and we never had to complain about the noise. All-in-all this was a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family