“Immaculate, new, spacious hotel!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
“Immaculate, new, spacious hotel!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long day's drive we were thrilled to stay in this new, clean, spacious hotel. Our family of 5 fit with lots of extra room in a suite, and the kids loved the beautiful pool. The eating area was spacious and stocked with coffee, iced lemon water, and apples when we arrived, and breakfast the next morning was a complete meal. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom large, and everything was great. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Appears to be a very new hotel, but I was surprised by the poor quality of construction. The bathroom door could not close because of a high spot in the floor tile! Really? I do agree with a previous reviewer that the front desk clerk was very uninformative. The bed was uncomfortable. I guess I would have given this property 2 stars if it wasn't for the fact that my stay was free! (Used Hilton Honors points) It was very clean though... will give them that!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have always held Hampton Inns with very high regards and the front desk staffs friendly attitudes. At this location the front desk clerk was not friendly, told me nothing about the hotel, where anything was, nothing. I had to ask all the questions. I was tired and I know Hamptons always greet honors members and give you the run down but this guy didn't seem to care about nothing but to get rid of me. I am a new Honors member, he didn't even as if I was, I had to tell him. He said he would TRY to look me up but couldn't even find me. Didn't offer any advise on how to even find me in the system. Said if I found my number to let him know.

I really needed a hot tub so I chose Hampton, always do. They are always clean and I know they always check the chlorine content carefully. I checked in and hit the hot tub. After driving for hours and my back killing me that was all I wanted. I got in and noticed the strong smell of chlorine. As much as I needed relief I stayed in, my eyes started burning so after 15 mintutes I got out. After returning to my room I smelt horrible of chlorine and my eyes continued to burn.

Very disappointed as this was the only reason I wanted to get a room there. When changing clothes in the bathroom I also noticed big toe nails laying on the carpet outside the door which was discusting. I have always enjoyed Hampton Inns for their high standards and cleanliness but was very disappointed in this location. As pretty as it was I feel they could take better care of their hot tub and clearly the room was not inspected because the toenails were very visable.

This was not a good experience for me at all. Manager needs to step it up a little with a few things there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Terry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The breakfast was above average. The staff was friendly. I can't really fault the hotel for this but the place was full of little league players in town for a tournament so the lobby and pool areas were somewhat overrun by the noisy little munchkins. We heard a few bumps and thumps above us in the evening but it quieted down after about 10 PM and we never had to complain about the noise. All-in-all this was a great stay!

Arvada, CO, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything in this hotel site was great except for the Sat. Sun. complimentary breakfast..... Waffle batter needs to be richer and moister. The scrambled eggs - terrible- they were hard and dry, totally dry. They should be removed from the grill while "WET", and made in small batches, and the steam table holding pan refilled frequently.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The staff was excellent, the hotel was clean, the hot breakfast was just right, the pool was wet.

We stayed in the King Suite, which was just an over-sized room with a pullout sofa bed at the foot of the King Bed (i.e. you sleep feet-to-feet with your kids with about 5 or so yards between the two beds. It was a nice room and I have no legit complaints about anything regarding the hotel itself. The location was not great. You have to drive a ways to get to any restaurants or entertainment, but it is easily noticeable and accessible from the Interstate.

Extremely overpriced for the type of hotel, but hey, it was a busy weekend in the Des Moines area so the demand was extremely high.

Room Tip: Don't waste the $$ on the suite - it's just an oversized King Room.
Ankeny, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our niece's (large) wedding. The Hotel was full of wedding goers and a softball team. Despite how busy it was, the hotel staff was prompt and courteous. We were able to check in early without any trouble, which allowed us to be on time to all of the weekend's events. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well stocked. Even with two large groups (both with a tendency to be active) the noise level was never a problem in our rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton