Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny
$98
Country Inn
Comfort Inn Ankeny(Ankeny)(Great Value!)
$100
Fairfield Inn
$139
$101
Courtyard
WoodSpring Suites Ankeny(Ankeny)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
$81
$74
Agoda.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Ankeny(Ankeny)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
Agoda.com
All reviewsdes moinesfront deskeasy accessgreat hotelgreat roomthe hotel staffcookiesking suitecomplimentary breakfastwalk in showerbusiness centerankeny arearoad tripfitness centeroatmealthe breakfast areaa great stay
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was nice to arrive and be greeted by a friendly desk clerk at check in after hours on the road to visit elderly parents. Room was clean and fresh, as I expect from a Hampton. I enjoy this particular Hampton. It's one of my favorites. Bathroom was clean, which is extremely important to me. :D Always have a laugh at check in when they ask for my license plate. Breakfast was enjoyable and there are lots of restaurants nearby. I went to the Outback because there aren't any in my area. It's easy to find and is not around the other hotels in the area, which are located at the next exit with the restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our room was nice, clean, cool and comfortable. We were in town for the Good Guys car show in Des Moines so didn't spend much time in our room.

The directions on their website were good. Pool was large and clean but a large group of boys came in after a long day in the hot sun and were very rowdy so we went back to our rooms to shower and then had tasty dinner at the Iowa Beef house in Des Moines. We enjoyed it and would recommend splitting a meal. The steak was delicious.

Free breakfast had a lot of offerings. An employee refilled the items as they disappeared. A large group of people of varoius ages used that same area located across from the lobby the night before. It's nice to have an informal place to gather when you are with a big group of people.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2012

it was great stay in this hotel. the hotel is very clean and fresh and staff is very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast in the morning was also great . it consists of several hot items. room was nice and clean with really nice lay out very functional . Bathroom has very nice touch with walk in shower. tubs are dangerous. thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A fairly new Hampton. Room was very nice. BUT there was no tub, and nothing on the online reservation said -- in some prominent way as SHOULD be the case -- that NO rooms have bathtubs. When one has a spouse with arthritis looking forward to a hot tub, this is a major disappointment. Desk clerk was rather surly (unlike most Hampton Inn personnel I've encountered in 10 years as a Gold/Diamond). (I realize that I should have carefully looked at the small print in the room details, but I think that if a hotel room does not have a tub that should be PROMINENTLY noted). The breakfast was the usual dismal Hampton fare (to be fair, that is a chain-wide problem, with the diminution and dumbing-down of the brand standards in the last few years). The place was also full of NASCAR folks who took up most of the breakfast area for a long time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mogon
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stopped by on my way from MI to WY to spend the night and i was not disappointed. Right off I-80 on 35 so easy easy. Good breakfast and was on my way west.

Room Tip: I would guess that they are all good