“Try The Pub Special Pizza!”

Wig and Pen Pizza Pub
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in Ankeny
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Wig offers a pleasant pub atmosphere, great service and a broad menu selection. The pub special thin crust pizza is my favorite, followed by the Wigitoni casserole. There are plenty of TVs to watch your favorite game. There's also a patio out back to enjoy during warm weather.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The kitchen is clean and staff vey nice. Pizza is made from their own dough recipe. All pizzas made in house not with frozen or imported dough.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

As my husband is British, our family delights in taking us to American pubs. This one had the traditional union jacks and 'British' items around the place, and has the local sports teams on the televisions. The beer selection was good and had a few beers from the UK, not just the standard Newcastle Brown Ale that most American pubs have. We had a good waitress who was very friendly and helpful when we said it was our first time there. As there were not too many people in there when we arrived, the waitress was able to be attentive. I was the only one in my family who did not go for the pizza. Two of my family got the flying tomato pizza and one loved it and the other thought it was good. My relative who loved it thought the crust was amazing. The thin crust pizza, ordered by another family member, was good as well. My chicken breast salad was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The dressing was from one of the major manufacturers (I can't remember the brand). The leftover pizza warmed up fine to eat for lunch the next day as well. While the pizza was good, my meal was pretty average.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have eaten here twice in 2010. Once was for dine in and once for carry out. I am a big fan of the Iowa City Wig and Pen and take out from the Wig and Pen East. The pizza here in Ankeny was actually a bit better than the Iowa City location I thought, and my wife agreed. We ususally get the Union Jack, which is a big, thick Chicago style pizza with the sauce on top. The crust is crispy and buttery, very good! The serice was above average for the area. Everyone has their favorite taste in pizza, the flying tomato style is great too.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

flying tomato pizza - delicious!! takes a while to cook but well worth it!

Been to Wig and Pen Pizza Pub? Share your experiences!