“Nice Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Courteous and friendly front desk staff, and clean rooms. The front desk attendant greeted me every morning, every time I was in the lobby area. The lobby cafe was great. The food was always fresh and delicious. I would suggest they upgrade the pillows and mattresses. I would recommend this hotel if you're ever in Ankeny.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christi J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for a basketball tournament. Alicia Hymel went out of her way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Huxley, Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I spent several months traveling to the area on business. I had an opportunity to stay in several different hotels in the area, but ultimately, routinely settled on the Courtyard in Ankeny. This hotel provided the best balance of cost, comfort, and convient location. The staff was always very professional, friendly, and curtious (as is a typical Marriott Courtyard, in my experience). On top of that, after only a couple of returns, several of the staff recognized me and made efforts to treat me even more like family.

You could stay at less expensive hotels in the area and probably some nicer ones (although I did not find any nicer without paying ALOT more), but you will not find a better overall balance of the two in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardAnkeny, Director of Sales at Courtyard Des Moines Ankeny, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear LuvMyFood13,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on our hotel. We greatly value feedback from our guests!
We are thrilled to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value and that you were treated like family upon your return visit. Our associates strive to offer outstanding service to each one of our valued guests.
Again thank you for stayijng with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Cheryl Jass, Director of Sales
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My 12 year old son and I spent one night here over spring break while on our way to the Hoover Library in West Branch, IA.

Newer hotel with helpful staff. Pool and hot tub area were clean. Workout area was nice with free weights, elliptical and treadmills.

Breakfast was included in our rate and the on site restaurant was good.

Room was a typical Courtyard. A nice stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chimera22,
Thank you for staying with us on your way to the Hoover Library over Spring Break. We are pleased you enjoyed our indoor pool and fitness center, along with our new restaurant the Bistro.
We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to the Des Moines and Ankeny area!
Cheryl Jass, Director of Sales
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this courtyard Marriott and had a great stay. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful and the sales department were helpful. Recommend people stay here for both business and pleasure :) thank you Marriott hotel I will definitely be back :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times for our daughter's AAU tournaments in the area.
Very nice location and helpful staff. Highly recommend it. Breakfast was good. We received a half off coupon for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HawkMom1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let's be honest, Courtyards can be hit or miss, big time! This place was brand new, had a fabulous staff and was so clean. The gym was small but well equipped and did the trick. The hotel is also walking distance to several places to dine out.

My room was nicely furnished and had some beautiful built in furniture pieces, great work space and a comfy bed. I was also taken by surprise when I saw a stand up shower, what a treat! I hate showing in bathtubs! While the rooms do have wall unit HVAC, these are silent and have full automated controls. I wish all courtyards would get that memo!

Thanks for a great stay, Courtyard!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardAnkeny, Director of Sales at Courtyard Des Moines Ankeny, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear ittessot,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed the additional amenities in our guest rooms. Our walk-in showers seem to be a nice surprise to many of our guests, as do our automated heating and cooling systems. Again, thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future if you travels bring you to the Des Moines, Iowa area.
Cheryl Jass