“Good place”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Chicago, Illinois
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed there one night. Very nice room. Location is off the main streets which is quiet. Right off the highway. Hotel staff was accomodating, they allowed us to check in early. Only issue is breakfast is not included. There are many eateries near by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardAnkeny, Director of Sales at Courtyard Des Moines Ankeny, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Zorro4122,

I'm Cheryl Jass, Director of Sales at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ankeny, Iowa. Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We agree that our hotel has a nice quiet setting, and we are very proud of our outstanding staff who offer exceptional service to all of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We do offer a few packages that include our Breakfast Buffet such as our Romance Package or our Family Fun Package. I invite you to stay with us again and enjoy one of these packages. Thanks again for taking time to write your review - we greatly value our guest's feedback.
Thanks again,
Cheryl and the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Ankeny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel has a very cheerful atmosphere. Upon entering I was greeted immediately and was in my room in no time. The lighting was bright and everything was clean and in good working order. The location is very handy for people traveling on I-35 or I-80. It is near the Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) The shower was large with good water pressure, and there were good heavy drapes to totally block out the street lights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We really liked this hotel during a 2 night state for the Iowa state fair. Clean and new hotel with plenty of dining options within a short drive. It was an easy drive to the fairgrounds but this might be a little far out for visiting/working in downtown Des Moines.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

In town for a soccer tournament, and couldn't have stayed at a nicer place. Due to the games hotel allowed us a late check out. Hotel staff was very accommodating. As for the specifics, there is an itty bitty swimming pool, hot tub, and exercise room with 3 nice treadmills, 1 elliptical and free weights. All are were adequate. Breakfast buffet is good and costs $9.95. Buffet consists of fresh fruit, oatmeal with various toppings, yogurt, cereal, breads & pastries, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, sausage, bacon, biscuits/gravy, hash, waffles, French toast, juice, and coffee. We had a 1/2 off coupon for breakfast, otherwise I don't know if I would have paid $10, especially for kids.
Now for the fun stuff, the dreaded wedding party. Let's just put it this way, there are only 5 floors in this hotel and they were loud and everywhere. My friend walked down to the front desk around midnight to complain. Hotel security took care of it and shut it down with in 10mins and then they comped our breakfast the next morning. I'm not down grading the hotel on this because they took care of it and is a hard balance trying to keep all types of customers happy. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a nice hotel with clean rooms, clean interior and exterior, and friendly staff. The hotel is also situated in close proximity to multiple restaurants, drugstores, and town. Highly recommended hotel in Ankeny!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a nicer Courtyard by Marriott which has more modern and updated rooms. Comfortable bed and friendly staff. There is not full cafe or bar though and the hotel is a bit far from downtown Des Moines. If you are out for business or pleasure in Des Moines I would stay at the Courtyard in West Des Moines or the Marriott downtown rather than the Ankeny location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard for an overnight visit. I was so suprised on how big the building acutally was. It was clean and looked as big or bigger than pictures I saw from the website. All the hotel staff was friendly. As for my first stay in the Ankeny area this hotel was easy to spot from the highway. My room was clean and comfy. I was amazed by the bathroom when I looked in that I even took a picture to show my friends. I also liked their were plenty of lights so I don't have to travel to the door switch and back in the dark to find my bed. I was surprised by the room having a microwave and mini-frigde which was a super plus cause I was able to keep a few beverages cold had heat up food I had with me.
I have stayed at different Marriott hotels and this is my favorite one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple