“Good hotel near Des Moines and Ames Iowa”

Courtyard Des Moines Ankeny
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good hotel near Des Moines and Ames Iowa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of a wedding we were attending in Ames Iowa. Every hotel in Ames was full because of the Iowa-Iowa State football game. It was a little bit of a drive, but not bad (around 25 minutes). I'm pickey about hotels, and this one was nice, comfortable and most of all very clean. One thing that would have made it nicer would have been to have a breakfast buffet for free like many other hotels do. To get breakfast you had to go to the restaurant in the lobby which on Sunday morning only had brunch which was expensive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed one night with my family and was pleasantly surprised how new and pretty this hotel was! The rooms are large and have frig big enough for gallon of milk, key with a toddler. The pillows and bedding were really exceptional for this level hotel. We would stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed two nights for a family wedding. The hotel staff was positive, responsive, helpful, and accommodating whether early in the morning or late at night. The rooms were clean and modern; quite comfortable. I couldn't have been happier except to have been able to stay longer!

Room Tip: The rooms appeared to be equal with small refrigerators, microwaves, one-cup coffee makers, large, f...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our stay was excellant. We found the breakfast menu just what we wanted to order, I do realize that many guest don't like the fact that guests at Marriott Courtyards must pay for breakfast; however that is okay with us. We have stayed at many Courtyards, and we liked the menu best at this location. The motel is new, close to the interstate, with several good eating places for a night out within walking distance or drive your car, or there is a bar and food to order available at the motel. We where attending track and field events at Drake University, and found the drive into Des Moines to the staduim traffic free on a Saturday morning!

Room Tip: the room was clean and fresh bathroom with extra towels I had noted on the our online reservation r...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is an excellent hotel, with professional, courteous staff. The rooms are always immaculate and the beds are very soft. I would definately recommend this hotel to those in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardAnkeny, Director of Sales at Courtyard Des Moines Ankeny, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I am the Director of Sales at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ankeny. I was very pleased to read the wonderful review you wrote on our hotel. I am glad we could offer you a refreshing place to stay along your travels during a difficult time. We thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We invite you to stay with us again if you are passing through the area.
Fayetteville, arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I had been vacationing in Minnesota when we had a death in the family and had to return home sooner than expected. We needed a place to stop on the way, and found this hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very glad to have found it, as we were upset and tired from the day and didn't want to stay somewhere that would upset us anymore. From the moment we walked in I could tell this hotel is well-managed. The lobby is very open and inviting. The king room that we had was designed in such a way as to maximize the floor space; I liked the way the bed faced the window. Also the shower was a large walk-in and the bathroom is spacious and modern. The TV screen was adjustable so it could be seen from anywhere in the room. Because the head of the bed is against the bathroom wall instead of another room's wall I think the room was quieter than a normal hotel room. I especially liked the breakfast in the morning. Although it was not a complimentary breakfast, it was worth paying for! I chose the perfectly-cooked bacon and real eggs from the buffet, but there were many other choices as well. The bacon was not only cooked properly, but I could tell it was high-quality bacon. I liked the bedding on the beds at this hotel. It was mostly white and looked very clean. I do not like hotels that have the huge comforters since I know how much harder those are to clean frequently. I wish all hotels would use the sleaker bedding and just provide extra blankets as needed. I don't know if I will ever have to go to Iowa again, but I would definitely stay at this hotel if I did. I wish that all Courtyards were as nice as this one, but sadly that has not been my experience. I think it has to do with the individual company that manages each hotel and this hotel's management and staff seem to be doing very well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

We made a visit to Des Moines and stayed at the Courtyard in Ankeny. I have stayed at many hotels and there is a reason that this one is ranked #1 in Ankeny! The customer service was great, food was terrific, and the hotel is very new and clean. When making my initial reservation I requested a room on the top floor in a quiet location and they accomodated my request perfectly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family