“McOtto's has changed!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I hadn't frequented the restaurant since it underwent remodeling and the atmosphere has clearly improved. The food is always prepared to one's liking and the menu has basic small restaurant offerings. While this would not be classified as a "fine dining experience" by most standards, the food is tasty to the palate, the prices are reasonable, and the waitress we had was very accommodating. If you are looking for a quick yet pleasant bite to eat off Highway 151, then I would recommend this restaurant as the best in town.

There are newer reviews for McOtto's

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Service over-all was fair, however don't plan on more than one drink, because you won't be asked if you would like another.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This restaurant appears to be an old Applebee's location, and is somewhat similar to their fare, but better. I had no complaints with the service on a Friday night. I was seated promptly and waited on promptly. I was in a pizza mood, but there is quite a variety of different kinds of food on the menu. I chose a cheeseburger pizza and asked my server to please make it very crispy. It was perfect and tasted so good I ate the whole thing. I also ordered a beer and it came out very cold, which is how I like it. All in all, this was a very good middle-of-the road place to eat and if I lived in Anamosa I would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just like an Applebee's but better quality, server was kind and helpful. Location was perfect right off the highway 61. Mushroom Swiss burger was fantastic

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't know what happened with the other customers of McOtto's, but the service that I received was great. We were greeted promptly and courteously and seated immediately. Our waitress appeared right away and was friendly and efficient. The menu is as diverse (or more so) than any other Iowan family restaurant. I was a bit skeptical of ordering Mexican food, but took and chance and ordered the taco plate. It was good. The tacos were full of meat and the rice and beans were good. I would certainly recommend and return.

Been to McOtto's? Share your experiences!