“Decent place close to the motorcycle museum. Noisy dogs in...”
Review of Super 8 Anamosa IA

Super 8 Anamosa IA
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anamosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The single worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed. Typical example of ownership from other side of the world that will not fix any problem or spend a single penny to repair/improve the hotel. The whole place reeks of stale cigarettes. I have seen automotive repair floors cleaner that the scum soaked carpets. THE PLACE is insect infested!!! They are everywhere! My bath ceiling had a open area exposing the super loud bathroom fan. Dirt flying everywhere, cobwebs exposed. Window screens had giant holes in them, tried to open window to get fresh air. Insects stream in. Handles missing on crank windows. The "breakfast" was so dirty and uncomfortable no one would eat there. Stale bulk cereal (i think it was cereal), an open pitcher of dirty milk etc. Room had not been cleaned, just super nasty. And....the owner SNEEKS in a room safe charge (did not even know I had a safe) that was NOT included in the reservation. I checked out with a minimum English speaking teen that was super rude and unappreciative. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I would rather sleep in the parking lot!!! Also, rooms face major trucking though fare, noisy all night!!! Hope this helps.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AnamosaSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Anamosa IA, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us.

Your comments concerning insect infestation are misleading, I'm not sure if this was intentional. But from our discussions I know that you are only talking about Insects gaining access to your room from the window having a damaged screen. THE PLACE is not insect infested. During the summer months especially at night there are insects outside the property mostly attracted to our outside secruity lights. I do apologize about the damaged screen you had. We are in the process of repacing all of our screens on the property.

The bathroom ceiling did not have a exposed area showing the fan. It has a solid ceiling with a rectangle hole that holds the two lights and the fan, a one piece fixture with a plastic cover. Now from our discussions i know what you are calling exposed is just the gap from our light bulbs to the plastic cover.

For our breakfast we offer belgium waffles, fresh fruit, mini doughnuts, cinnammon rolls,yougurt, two diffrent kinds of cereal one sweet one unsweet, bread white and wheat, and oatmeal. To drink we have apple and orange juice, coffee, tea, milk and hot cocoa. We do not have bulk cereal, we do have a cereal dispenser as do all super8 as it is becoming a brand standard. Our milk pitcher does not sit open it is closed with a screw on lid, the container is not see through.

You said your room was not cleaned upon your arrival and I must disagree. We inspect all of our rooms prior to selling them. If I walked into a hotel room and I didnt think it was cleaned I would go right back to the desk. If this was the case we would have switched you rooms and done everyting possible to make up for that error. Im not sure why you would stay and sleep in a room that was not cleaned and was just super nasty, and not say anything about it until days after checkout.

I'm very sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. You had all of these issues ranging from maintenance, cleanliness, noise, smell, insectoid. my concern is if you were very unhappy with everything, then why did you not voice any concerns during your entire stay or ask to checkout and be refunded. On two seperate occassions you were asked how everything was and if there were any problems on both occassions you did not say one ill word. I asked you a few hours after I checked you in, then you were asked upon checkout. We were never once informed that you were anything but happy untill days after checkout. We apologize that you had a less than perfect stay with us.

We are just finishing up a remodel to the property that includes all new furniture including beds and all new towels and linens. We will be done with this remodel within the month. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stop in and see whats new. Here at the Anamosa super 8 we will do whatever we can to make your stay a special one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anamosa
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa
#19 of 36 in Cedar Rapids
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
#8 of 36 in Cedar Rapids

Been to Super 8 Anamosa IA? Share your experiences!