“fix the walls” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Anamosa IA

Super 8 Anamosa IA
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anamosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel staff told me that due to my booking thru Priceline he could not change my room from a Smoking room to a Non-Smoking room (that Priceline won't allow it). I could, however, make a new reservation to get a King Non-smoking room. Meaning I would have to abandon my pre-paid reservation and pay again (double).
I called Priceline customer service who in turn called the hotel to ask for a non-smoking on my behalf. The staff told Priceline he was too booked to change my reservation. Odd that 30 seconds ago he could accommodate me if I'd paid. I did try the Smoking room because sometimes they aren't too bad. Horrible! I couldn't breathe. I immediately checked out.
What a great money making scheme for this hotel! He knew perfectly what he was pulling off at my expense. I've NEVER had an issue through Priceline before so I know it's not Priceline's fault. This hotel is out to SCAM

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank FrequentTraveler1025
TULSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Aren't many choices on places to stay. Lobby doors weren't locked at dusk, nobody at the desk most of the time, no coffee. Continental breakfast was almost non-existent. Driveway not shoveled, ice...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank CAROLE M
AnamosaSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Anamosa IA, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. Its feedback like this that helps us improve our service. We will share this information with the rest of the staff and will make the appropriate changes necessary that issues like this do not happen again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anamosa
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids
Boulders Inn & Suites Monticello

Been to Super 8 Anamosa IA? Share your experiences!