“The bad: the recliner chair was shot, the only bathroom...”
Review of Super 8 Anamosa IA

Super 8 Anamosa IA
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anamosa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel staff told me that due to my booking thru Priceline he could not change my room from a Smoking room to a Non-Smoking room (that Priceline won't allow it). I could, however, make a new reservation to get a King Non-smoking room. Meaning I would have to abandon my pre-paid reservation and pay again (double).
I called Priceline customer service who in turn called the hotel to ask for a non-smoking on my behalf. The staff told Priceline he was too booked to change my reservation. Odd that 30 seconds ago he could accommodate me if I'd paid. I did try the Smoking room because sometimes they aren't too bad. Horrible! I couldn't breathe. I immediately checked out.
What a great money making scheme for this hotel! He knew perfectly what he was pulling off at my expense. I've NEVER had an issue through Priceline before so I know it's not Priceline's fault. This hotel is out to SCAM

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrequentTraveler1025
Reviewed April 2, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Aren't many choices on places to stay. Lobby doors weren't locked at dusk, nobody at the desk most of the time, no coffee. Continental breakfast was almost non-existent. Driveway not shoveled, ice...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CAROLE M
AnamosaSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Anamosa IA, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. Its feedback like this that helps us improve our service. We will share this information with the rest of the staff and will make the appropriate changes necessary that issues like this do not happen again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kent W

Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronnee D
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have stayed at this motel many times in the past for family doings in Iowa. This time it was not very good. There was a very musty smell when you walked in and in the room also. The carpet in some places felt a little damp, the toilet ran for a long time until we got it to shut off, they also charged us for the safe which we did not use but I guess it is an automatic 1.50, and they did not give any military discount nor AAA or AARP. I think next time we may have to look some where else. The front desk person was very hard to understand. Sorry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anamosa
Boulders Inn & Suites Monticello
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids

Been to Super 8 Anamosa IA? Share your experiences!