“Comfortable”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anamosa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stopped in Anamosa to visit the motorcycle museum and J&P Cycles. J&Ps is right across the parking lot. The hotel gets a lot of bikers and has several parking areas designated for motorcycles. We parked in one under an overhang that helped keep the rain off the bikes.
I was nursing a bad hip and was a little concerned about the beds but they were soft and comfortable. The wifi worked as promised. Nice TV in the room. The room was quiet for the most part. I could not hear anything from my neIghbors. I was a little underwhelmed by the breakfast. No eggs when I was there. Instead they had biscuits and gravy. The waffle had no flavor and they ran out of orange juice.
There is a "bar" called the "Thirsty Throttle" in the hotel which is little more than a breakfast nook that has cold beer bottles behind the bar. It is actually in the breakfast area and the bartender is the receptionist/laundry/pool area cleaner and whatever needs to be done person.
It is a nice looking place with a nice lobby. The pool looked OK but I did not go in. It is a biker friendly hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went to Anamosa to see the National Motorcycle Museum. This hotel is across the street from J&P Cycles and only about a mile or so from the museum. The property seems to be fairly new and is in nice condition. My room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable, the shower was excellent, and I had a great night's sleep. What more could you ask for? If I'm ever back in Anamosa, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

2 night stay at this motel was very comfortable, clean and relaxing as well as the rooms were quite day and night. Used the pool and hot tub as well. Front desk very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was provided with a wide variety to chose from.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 room suite it is perfect for the early/ late riser couple. refrigerator need to mainta...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently spent a night on 04/13/13, made it to the hotel probably around 0100 that morning and was greeted warmly and professionally at the front desk, at check-in. I wish that checkout could be extended to noon everyday but was satisfied with my stay. My room, beds, and bathroom were clean. Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed here once or twice a year for the past few years. It is a nicely kept hotel, and it is new. The rooms are extremely quiet, and the place is not crowded. My only problem is that they replaced the biscuits and gravy with rubbery eggs and sausage for breakfast. I really looked forward to this breakfast entree, and I was disappointed that it was gone. There is no place comparable in Anamosa Iowa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is located adjacent to a dealer and near a sales rep that I visit in Anamosa, IA. For me the location is perfect. The staff; Judy, Julie, Monica and Kyle are friendly and go out if their way to make your stay comfortable. Kyle is the only person that I have met in the hospitality industry (hundreds of hotels worldwide) that greeted me every day by my name. Every one makes it worth paying a little bit more for the room than you would expect for Anamosa. I would like to see more of a homemade touch at breakfast. The pre- packaged eggs and wet sausages would be put to shame by the staff's home cooking! The bar for evening downtime is an excellent idea. In all this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The price is to high for winter rates for this hotel. The pool had way to many chemicials in the pool. Our daughter had chemical burns on her face after swimming.
Room was OK but the price was to high for staying in Januanry. Staff was ok but didn't seem to be able to help much with questions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DebbieSummer2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anamosa
Boulders Inn & Suites Monticello
Super 8 Anamosa IA
Super 8 Anamosa IA
#2 of 2 in Anamosa
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids
Sleep Inn & Suites Mount Vernon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North
Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa? Share your experiences!