“Best. Food. Ever.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Ames, Iowa
“Best. Food. Ever.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love this restaurant. I've never had even a mediocre meal, everything I've tried is fantastic! I also really appreciate that they locally source their ingredients, and their menu changes with the seasons. They also have a full bar, with some wonderfully paired mixed drinks and wines that really complement the skillfully crafted dishes. Save room for dessert too, the pastry chefs are amazing! This place is definitely worth the drive.

• Korean first
Hastings, Minnesota
“Basically perfect”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our friends recommended this when we were travelling to Ames. We were caught off guard because we looked up the menu and everything was so cheap, so we thought we were looking up the wrong restaurant.

This place is unreal - insanely cheap for the quality of food. The staff were polite and informative without trying to sell you something, food came out cooked perfectly.

My wife and I live in the Twin Cities, and we would go to The Cafe over any restaurant there. Do not miss this place.

• Visited September 2012
Ames
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cafe is good...but”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'll pay half the price for half the gigantic serving of an omelet you served! I'll even pay 2/3 price for 1/2 the serving! The food is amazing, of course. The only other thing...as a local, I wish they would serve and promote local foods. Without naming them, I know of at least five local producers who would be more than willing to have their produce served at The Cafe-- the same local producers who are at the downtown farmer's market. Why isn't the Cafe promoting the idea of using local foods more? Otherwise delicious, and a beautiful atmosphere, with beautiful and friendly folks working the tables who deserve healthy tips.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious Food, especially Desserts”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love this restaurant. The menu changes every few months so make sure to visit often! It does not have as much selection (because it changes often enough), so if you are particular, check out the menu on the website (link below) before hand. I have never been disappointed by their service. This is my favorite place to get dessert, some of my favorites are: banana creme pie, bread pudding, and tiramisu, It makes a great end to a date- grabbing dessert and coffee and sitting up in the front by one of the windows (smaller tables, intimate, but not too formal). The atmosphere is great for a romantic setting or dinner with a not a large group (more than six people). It is dimly lit, and has a spacious feel for the size of the restaurant. There is usually a wait on weekend nights, but it is worth it.

• Visited May 2012
Nevada, Iowa, United States
“the Cafe Ames,IA”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Really enjoyed the ambience of this quaint little restaurant. Food was unique and very good. Price very reasonable. Service very good.

Visited July 2012

Been to The Cafe? Share your experiences!