“Clean, friendly Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Range, Wisconsin
“Clean, friendly Hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was a very clean, nice and friendly hotel. I would recommend it to anyone wanting nice hospitality. They are willing to do a lot to make your stay a pleasant, happy one. Although I didn't like how loud the heater was when it kicked on at night, it woke me up. But maybe there was a button to turn the blower down to make it quieter? Nice breakfast, and exercise room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lifesgreat2dy
HamptonAmesMgmt, Manager at Red Roof Inn Ames, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, which will be shared with my Team! I know they will appreciate the recognition of a job well done. I am very proud that my Team made you feel welcome, safe and secure while away from home. We pride ourselves on guest Services and appreciate the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton then next time you are in the area, and our team would be more then delighted to show you how to work our HVAC units in our guest rooms as there are different settings you can use!

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We arrived on Saturday night and just stayed the one night. The desk staff on check in and check out were very friendly. The room was very clean with none of the usual musty"hotel smells". The breakfast the next morning was very good with plenty of food available. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rnonvaca35651
Thank you for your awesome review. I am so happy that my Team delivered the experience we want our guests to have when visiting Ames! I may be biased but I also think our breakfast is the BEST - and the hot items rotate every day, so there's a nice variety. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that my staff was able to assist you with your needs. It makes me very proud. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Usually I love Hampton Inns. They were may favorite. However, this time I was disappointed. The room was two queen beds I think. They seemed like only full-sized beds. The room was very small and everything was very close. There was no refrigerator or microwave and the room was over priced. We stayed the next day of our trip at a Hilton Garden Inn in Nebraska and it was about the same price and WAY better for the money. Loved that one! Our room at the Hampton was very noisy as well. I do have to say that the staff was wonderful and I actually really liked the heater in our room. I am a very light sleeper and I hate it when the heater /air conditioner goes on and off all night. It wakes me up all night long. This one had the option to have a fan blowing the same speed all night long. I didn't even hear it cycle on and off. The bathroom was nice and there was free Internet access (most have that now anyway). This wasn't a horrible stay, just disappointing compared to all others I've stayed at.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie M
HamptonAmesMgmt, Manager at Red Roof Inn Ames, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your past stay with us at our Hampton! I am so sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay with us. All of our rooms with two beds feature double beds, and then we have rooms with king size beds throughout the hotel as well! We also do provide minifridges and microwaves in all of our suites and guest rooms with king size beds and we will gladly provide them in our rooms with double beds upon request! We pride ourselves in having the best staff in the area and during this next year we have many exciting changes happening at our Hampton to ensure our Hampton matches the growing standards of all of our guests. Our many changes including our new Stay Connected Wireless Internet Systems, our new Jump Start Fitness Center and our new Perfect Mix Lobby! Our goal is to ensure your 100% satisfaction, and we are so sad to hear we did not do that. Please reach out to me via email or phone as I would love to hear from you. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Dallas
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The best of what is expected from a Hampton. I have had better breakfasts at Hampton's that compete up against stiffer competition. This was okay, and by far the best place to grab a bed and shower in Ames. The staff was GREAT!!! They make you feel at home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank joelinda
Thank you so much for your kind words - we are happy to be your "hometel" when you visit Ames! We look forward to your return the next time you are in the Ames area!

Indianola, Iowa
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I love this hotel. I stay here once a month for work. The hotel staff is top notch and the rooms are all so cozy. The breakfast is good and the lady that runs it is super nice. I can't praise this facility enough.

Room Tip: I like the king room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracy M
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We always look for a Hampton Inn when we are traveling and as always, we were very happy with the whole experience with our stay in the Hampton Inn in Ames, IA!!! From amazing Josh that took our reservation to the wonderful upgrade CLEAN whirl pool tub spacious room that (jana I think, sorry) got ready for us. Everyone at the front desk and our sweet breakfast hostess even started our day off with a smile!! To top it off, we received a Thank You for staying with us letter from John! It was a great stay!! We will DEFINATELY come back! Thank you again Hampton Inn for being our place we can count on on the road!!!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Tmulford
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Came back to Isu for business, also brought a friend and a their student to visit the campus. This time I upgraded to a room with a whirlpool and it was nothing less than amazing. We only stayed for one night and the bed was comfortable and it was very quiet and convient. The whirlpool was a nice addition and was definitely worth getting it. The flat pannel TVs were an great new addition. The Hampton Inn will be my one and only choice of hotels when i come to Ames.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business