Gateway Hotel & Conference Center
GardenInn.com
$109
$98
Country Inn
Holiday Inn Express Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$106
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$125
$84
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$99
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

AmericInn by Wyndham Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
$65
$72
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$99
$72
All reviewsstayed hereiowa stateexecutive roomvery nice hoteldecent sizecollege kidsrooms are comfortableroom temperaturenice roomking beddes moinesup to datevisit amesmy sonin townnice staystaff was friendly
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got a room here for a discounted price using a certain "name your own price" website. I needed a pace to stay in Ames with my toddler since my fiancee was staying in the hospital. I was very impressed with the hotels appearance and friendly staff. Indoor pool was used twice with my toddler, and i would have loved to use the hot tub or sauna. Beds and bedding was wonderful, as were the rooms. Beware of the $2 water bottles on the counter however! My son tried to open one! This hotels biggest downfall us the lack of breakfast. This is the first hotel I've stayed at that didn't have some sort of complimentary breakfast. I was told the buffet was in the restaurant, only to find out it was over $11 a person! And their a la cart menu was just as over priced.. $10 pancakes, $7 yogurt.. insane! Needless to say we went to McDonalds and got breakfast for the 2 us for under $5! If i got the same deal I'd probably stay here again, but for over $100/night I'd expect some breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very nice hotel Beds were great, flat screen tv, nice desk area to work. Room and bathroom were large. I would like to see more accessible outlets for cell phone and laptop. shouldn't have to crawl under desk to plug in. There was only 1 available plug next to bed. shower could use an update, drain plug was out and shower curtain was cheap. I didn't use restaurant or pool, but hotel was well maintained and inviting. Stayed one night, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Gateway this week for three nights. It is a nice and clean hotel, but lacked in one way - electical outlets! In the day we live in, with all the electronic gadgets we use in our day-to-day lives, you would think any hotel would pay more attention to this. There are ways to help - even when the wiring may have been done long enough ago that the need was less. Pretty disappointed in that aspect. Another problem I experienced was the heater. Not very good at keeping the room constant. I am generally trying to cool the rooms down, but I was cold here! I left a note one day to have someone look at it, and it seemed to be working when I got back. Didn't last long until it was cold again. I actually unplugged the unit. Not a good solution, but I was tired of having cool air blowing.

Room Tip: Room 713 is by the elevator, but quiet. Heater was not very good. Few electrical outlets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel many times but each time we see more and more items that need attending. The carpet on the way to the newly renovated restaurant is old, worn and dangerously buckling. Anyone with a handicap using a walker, cane, or wheelchair would find this a scary walk.

We LOVE the sauna, and whirlpool so that is what keeps us coming back, but the rest of the hotel needs to be kept up to date. The elevators are old, dirty, have bad carpeting and sound scary when climbing up to the higher floors.

Staff has always been extremely accommodating and kind.

Room Tip: All rooms seem equal as we've tried many locations. All above average.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ISUmom_Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here over a weekend while visiting our college student grandson. Convenient to campus and clean, but not as well maintained as some chains having the same daily rate. Layout is strange & the Executive Center rooms not easily accessible. Found some burned out lightbulbs on entering. Housekeeping didn't arrive until 5PM for daily room cleaning. Front desk said that was normal for those staying over. No fridge or microwave available. No complimentary breakfast & that served in the dining room was expensive & mediocre - no better than some of those included in the chain hotels. Pillows were hard. Probably will try another hotel on future trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family