“Fun little bakery”
Review of Dutch Oven Bakery

Dutch Oven Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Ames
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place makes some out-of-the-ordinary stuff and they do a solid job with everything. I've been there about a half-dozen times now. While nothing has knocked my socks off, I've never been disappointed either.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great bakery, with a lot of tasty, rich, fattening good stuff! I have never had anything in there that was anything but delicious. They even serve a good tea room type lunch menu! Great tasting soups and sandwiches, and then you can have dessert!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a good place to get soup and salad and sandwich type lunch food. I believe they also have breakfast but am not sure.
Not exceptional but good service and pretty fast, cozy atmosphere, Good choice of sandwiches and home made soup. Comes with cookie.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This small bakery does all their own baking, not something you can say about many of them today. It has a warm and cozy atmosphere. You can choose pastries from the glass cases up front, get coffee or tea and then take a table and sit back and relax. A wonderful place to get away with your favorite book or to meet friends and catch up. Can't say enough good things about the Dutch Oven Bakery!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is by far my most favorite bakery I have ever been to. I love going there and having coffee and a treat whenever I'm in town. We usually go more than once or twice during the time I'm there. They have the best cakes and cookies and pastries.