“Cozy shop with excellent coffee!”

Burgie's Espresso Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Ames
midwest
“Cozy shop with excellent coffee!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Love this cozy little coffee shop hidden away at the gas station. They made a fabulous cappuccino that is well worth the trip!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelerdiver

Boone, Iowa
“Best Chocolate Shake”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Best Chocolate Shake ever! Made with hard packed chocolate ice cream and not just soft serve vanilla with cheap chocolate sauce. Real chocolate flavor. We go out of our way to stop for one.

Visited May 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Once Great...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I used to love Burgie's. Lately, their hot coffee drinks have been just okay, and they're more expensive than Starbucks. Their Jamocha Shake has been a long-time favorite (but only if you're prepared to down 1000+ calories in one drink). They're okay, every once in awhile, but there's better coffee shops out there.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Haley L
Boone, Iowa, United States
“Quick Stop”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As far as I know, everything is great. The coffee & tea there, best I've ever had. Guess I need to get past those great things and try the food.

Visited March 2013
Otego, New York, United States
“Very gourmet selection and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First time visitor. I was impressed by the selections of coffees that I could order and take with me. We got a nice variety as gifts for friends, and they offered me a free cup of coffee while they were grinding the beans. They were also offering a new Coffee of Excellence program with elite coffees from single source farms around the world. I thought this was a unique idea, and can't wait to get home to try my new Costa Rican CoE coffee. It was a nice place to stop and have a warm, inviting cup of high quality coffee.

Visited December 2012