$177
Country Inn
$129
$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$320
$100
$122
AmericInn by Wyndham Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$87
HIExpress.com
$169
$158
Priceline
All reviewsold chicagogrand stayone bedroom suitemini kitchenseparate bedroomsfull size refrigeratorrooms are greathickory parkhome away from homefold out couchdance competitionextra roommy sonlocation was perfectplace to stayiowa statehot breakfast
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Stayed here for a week while attending a training course. Great room for the price. Very clean and a pretty good breakfast with sausage, egg, waffles, cereal, pastries and bagels. Connected to an Old Chicago Restuarant to make it an easy dinner time meal. My room also had a microwave, full fridge, stove, and dishwaser. (even though the maid washed my dishes for me!). Great location too, real close to movie theater, shopping center, and a short drive to dowtown.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I was very unhappy with my stay at the Grandstay! I was part of a wedding block and found that the staff was not very happy with wedding block visitors. The night service and management was the worst!! The night manager took it upon himself to threaten all the young late comers as they entered the hotel, focusing mostly on the wedding party. He was arrogant and very rude, assuming that just because people were coming from a wedding meant they were going to be loud and obnoxious which was not the case! I have never felt unwanted at a hotel until that night, I would highly reccommend not staying there anytime, especially for weddings.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2008

We had many of our wedding guests stay at this hotel and strongly regret it!

When we told the hotel that we needed to reserve a block of rooms for a wedding, they directed us to their event coordinator. The room price that the coordinator gave as was $30/night more than what I was originally told by the front desk. We decided to call back another time and reserve the rooms at the front desk so that we could get the lower price (not telling them it was for a wedding).

Three weeks before our wedding the hotel found that we had bypassed their event coordinator and ironically lost our reservations. After several phone calls with the manager and digging up my confirmation numbers, I was finally able to get the original rooms reserved again but couldn't add anymore rooms (they claimed they were full).

To ensure that I reserved enough rooms, I asked my family to call the hotel and make their own reservations. I had found that the hotel was telling family members with the same last name as mine that there were no more rooms available. Other family had no problems getting rooms booked. We had been black listed for not booking the rooms with the event coordinator at a more expensive price.

Several calls were made to the front desk and the manager's office and I concluded that the whole staff was in on this little scheme! Everyone had a room the night of the wedding, but it was extra stress that was not needed! I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank Tae123
Reviewed November 6, 2007

This hotel was visually a very nice looking hotel. We were impressed with the exterior, lobby, and the way our room looked. Unfortunately the hotel seems to be built on the cheap. Absolutely no soundproofing between rooms or between the bedroom and the living room. Everything seemed not quiet as nice as it should have. It wasn’t a bad stay, but the quality of the hotel did not match what it looked like. It is a very nice location.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WI-Rick
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stayed for two nights at Grandstay during a cyclone football game. Great price for great hotel rooms. Staff was overly accomodating and friendly. THe breakfast was fresh and had a variety of choices far beyond the usual. The rooms were neat clean and stylish with ample room for a extended or short stay. Nice pool and hottub as well. I have stayed in a number of places in Ames and would say this was the best experience.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends