“Best In Ames”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boone, Iowa, United States
“Best In Ames”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Best food in Ames. I would reccomend a first time there , lunch. And while there try the Cajun Prime Rib sandwich, sooo good. Service is stellar, food even better.

Visited March 2013

Ames, Iowa
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although the prices are a little high, the atmosphere, service and quality food make it worth while. Steaks are always good. Drinks are fantastic.

Visited September 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food atmosphere and service!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Was served very quickly and sat quickly even though there was a wait for other people. Was pleasantly surprised with the food it was great!

Des Moines, Iowa
“Peaceful Bliss”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We arrived about 6:30 on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was not busy so we were seated right away. We came to celebrate my birthday with my husband and adult son. The lights were dimmed but not unpleasantly so.There was some music playing a bit loud at first, but we adjusted to it and and eventually didn't notice it.
My son had a Cesar salad with chicken and he said that it was very good. He really liked the toasted focaccia bread. My husband and I had the tri tip after 5 meal. They are smaller portions, for a smaller price. It was enough to fill both of us up. My tri tip was a little dry, but I ordered it well done. My husband said that his was excellent and melted in his mouth. We both opted to pay extra for the french onion soup and it was delicious.
I would say that I could see that on a Friday or Saturday night, this restaurant would get a bit cramped and it is nor a place for small children. We had a wonderful meal and I would recommend going there.

• Visited January 2013
Ames, Iowa
“Food decent but over-priced, atmosphere noisy and crowded”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

For many years, Aunt Maude's was our favorite restaurant in Ames. A real 5 star place. But in recent years, the prices have gotten more expensive and the portions smaller though still tasty. This restaurant continues to be very popular and thus crowded. This usually means long waits to be seated in the restaurant, and an ambiance so noisy that you can hardly have a conversation with your dinner partners.

Visited November 2012

Been to Aunt Maude's? Share your experiences!