“Good sandwiches”

West Street Deli
Ranked #39 of 194 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had the California turkey sandwich which was chuck full of turkey, sprouts, hummus, tomatoes, lettuce on a thick slab of soft wheat bread. YUM! However, when I was paying for the sandwiches and those of my colleagues the cashier was extremely rude when I asked him to repeat what he said.

1  Thank marsan0

Reviewed March 22, 2013

They have the best Deli sandwichs ever, the daily specials, WOW. They have some of the most unusual breads, all fresh. You just have to stop there.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Best sandwiches in Ames. Specials are always good. Casual atmosphere. Fresh ingredients and made to order. They toast their sandwiches so perfect on a cold winter day.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

West Street Deli is very good with an unusual variety of sand witches they make the sand witches hot or cold, and a very good variety of chips. I would recommend it for a good lunch or supper.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband brought me back a salad from the West Street Deli for lunch yesterday. I started to eat the salad - which looked good, with fresh veggies, etc. About 3 bites in, I noticed a dead bug (I think it was a small cockroach) on one of the cucumbers. Needless to say, the salad went into the trash and I will never eat there again.

I have loved their sandwiches in the past, but I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years at least. Maybe it was just my bad luck, but eater beware...