“Good ribs!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good ribs!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good value, good food, and
Fun atmosphere. It is really crowded. Make sure you have time to wait. Love love love the biscuits!

• Korean first
Earlington, Kentucky
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a local favorite, and is a good place to stop. It is family friendly, the service is great, and the food is good. I give it a 4 out of 5 simply because the food is a bit pricy, and there are far better barbecue places in the state.

Visited June 2013
Dallas
“You can get lost in this place!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Not what I was expecting at all! When I pulled into the parking lot and saw the 200 cars there, I thought I would have a long wait - but instead, we were immediately seated. This is a must for meat eaters and the combo platters allow you to try several different types at once. Price was great and portions were large. Will absolutely return!

Visited April 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Wow - This is Monday lunch!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

While visiting friends in Ames, we were told we MUST go to Hickory Park - Must, Must, Must. I assumed it would be a fine lunch, but I AMAZED by the business model. The restaurant is huge and it was FULL...on a Monday...at LUNCH! We were seated quickly. Our server, Debra, was friendly, efficient, and provided really nice service. The Hickory Park kitchen staff must be phenomenal because there were a LOT of orders going in and out of there and from what I could see around me, all the orders looked delicious and made a good impression on their recipients.

As it was my first trip to Iowa, the goal was to eat a pork tenderloin sandwich each day of my five day visit. (I managed three.) This sandwich was my favorite due to the caramelized onions on top - different from most other establishments. My Iowa host chose the Saucy Southerner. I'm told her order never varies due to her undying love for it. My husband ordered a three meat plate which included smoked pork and sausage - both of which were flavorful and not standard barbeque fare. Our smallest dining companion order chicken strips...only to say she ordered lunch...so she could get to the brownie sundae.

This was such a lovely Monday lunch treat. I would go back in a heartbeat and recommend to all.

Waterloo
“Great place to eat in Central Iowa”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Haven't been to Hickory Park in years but I'm glad I stopped back to have some lunch this past weekend. Beat the lunch rush by getting there before noon. Only had to wait 5 minutes. The hostess and server were nice and friendly. Prices are affordable and the food is great. If you like Bar-B-Que, this is the place to go. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Hickory Park Restaurant? Share your experiences!