“Once again a great meal”

Hickory Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place has been fantastic for 20 years. Every time I go back I am never disappointed. Staff is friendly, food is good. And they always have great ice cream treats to make sure you don't go away hungry.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have heard about Hickory Park for years, but never had the chance to stop in and try it until this week. Very quick service! And, the food was quite yet and also reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My sister introduced me to this Ames institution. The place was packed for a Wednesday night but the wait was no more than 10 min, the was served in about 10 min, and it was excellent in terms of quality and price (I had BBQ dinner). Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Family ate here Sunday October 7, 2012 - we got in just as it opened around 10:00 AM - waitress was very pleasant - order appetizers prior to lunch and they arrived quickly and hot - lunch items were all very good , ranging from BBQ to garbage dog - left room this time for dessert and had wonderful selection of ice cream - all food was great - pleasant experience - our favorite place to stop when in Ames - get there early or plan to wait a little bit to be seated

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My Husband took me here while we were visiting Ames for a Cyclones football game. My husband's best friend picked Hickory Park for dinner since this was his favorite place to eat when he was a student here. My Husband had always thought Hickory park had ok food, good service and great ice cream. The Service we had that night was good & fast. The Food was good too, though I can not say that its top tear bbq, but it was still good bbq. The ice cream was a good way to end the meal. Overall we had a good meal.