“Great place but slow service ”
Review of West Towne Pub

West Towne Pub
Ranked #62 of 216 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: American
Description: Conveniently located on Ames' west side, West Towne Pub is just a block off of Highway 30 at the intersection of South Dakota and Mortensen. Specializing in Good Food, Good Times and Cold Beer, West Towne Pub offers a bar and grill experience you won't want to miss!
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

In town for family event staying at the Hilton down the street. Had lunch here. Nice place. Great beer selection. Food was very good after we got it. Not super busy when we ordered but took probably 29 minutes to get food. The waitress kept the beer coming but just slow on the food. I would try it again.

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

I went with a group of coworkers (10 total) and had no issues getting seated as walk in guests. They have a decent beer list; I didn’t check wine list. We got onion rings, pickle fries and jalapeño poppers as appetizers and I’d only recommend the latter and of the two. For my dinner I got the California BLT burger. It was good but unexpectedly spicy. I’d recommend it!

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a large table on a Saturday night after a Cyclones game . It was very busy but when you see other tables get there food before you after we have been waiting the longest was not right . One persons food did not get there with the others and they advised we ordered one extra hamburger that we did not .

We only went there when others picked it , we won’t go there again .

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Our family went here and got a number of appetizers and meals. Some of the kids got burgers and chicken sandwiches. They looked large and most couldn’t finish them.

My wife got a nice large salad and I got a grilled chicken with wild rice and mixed veggies. I like mine a lot. I excepted pub fare and pleasantly surprised by the variety.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been here for quite a while, so on this rainy, cold October evening, I went out to get take out Rock'N'Rolls. See pics. We had never had them before and they were WONDERFUL. We got half rib, half crab so that I could review both. Definitely worth getting. One roll is enough for each person. A bit pricey, but worth it! This place is mostly sports bar/grill. But they serve quite a large crowd for meals. So many, that they expanded since the last time we were there and took over another former restaurant space. There are always many cars there in the evenings when I drive by. See pics. They even have a room that can be closed off for private parties. Many college students all the way up to older folks go there for food and refreshments. They have a full bar as well. When it's nice outside, there's patio dining. Friendly staff. Clean dining area. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 4/5-many there on a Friday night, a bit noisy, but still no screaming kids.

Been to West Towne Pub? Share your experiences!