“Better alternative” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Ames

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Earlington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here one night in May when the hotel I usually stay in was full. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were courteous and welcoming. While we have a contracted rate with another establishment, I would definitely return here when needed. It is easy to access from the I-35 & Hwy 30 intersection, and allows easy access to everything in Ames. It is close enough to walk to El Azteca (see reviews), one of the best places to eat in Ames.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was very nice to see that they actually had a room available when a lot of the hotels in the area were full. I have stayed in a Windham before with no problems or complaints, but this one was not as well kept as the others. The rooms were clean enough, but the smoke smell in a non-smoking room was aweful. I left the window open for awhile, but the highway noise was so loud I couldn't even hear the tv. It was nice to have a light breakfast in the morning, but I don't think the desk gentleman was too thrilled when I asked for more biscuits or overly friendly when I checked out. The check in gentleman however was very friendly and accomodating. I would stay at this hotel again to save money, but would next time ask for a different room to avoid the smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Moline, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night for our daughter's college orientation. The price was cheap so I was a little concerned about staying there but I read the reviews on here and they were all positive. The room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was fair at best but typical. We will definitely stay here again when visiting our daughter.

• Stayed June 2013
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First of all, I have to say I am glad we made a decision in our itinerary to stop here.
What a weird dichotomy to get off the freeway to enter town, see one convenience store and no less than seven hotels. I chose the Mictrotel because it was pet friendly, and as we are moving, we have our cat with us. The reviews for the other pet friendly hotel are less than admirable.
One negative: it is 3:09 in the morning and I can clearly hear the party going on in the room next door. Not the hotels fault to be sure, but the conversation is pretty normal in tone and volume and I can almost make out the words. Makes me glad there aren't other activities taking place next door.... LOL
That being said: this room is well appointed. The staff are all friendly. The beds are comfortable, and the facility is really nice. I look forward to the breakfast tomorrow, because I'm sure it will be as great as everything else here....

Room Tip: Ask to have quiet guests.... I understand this is a college town....