“My experience at this hotel was most unpleasant & I will...”
Review of Super 8 Ames

Super 8 Ames
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My experience at this hotel was most unpleasant & I will never stay here again, even though I go to Ames, IA frequently. The smell of smoke was most offensive, & I couldn't leave my room. The carpet in my room was very dirty. It was so sticky that I stuck to the carpet. I did report that to the manager. Was not a good handicap accessible facility. The complimentary breakfast did not have any options for gluten intolerant guests. The manager (or owner) was very pleasant & tried to be accomodating as best he could with such an outdated facility.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have stayed here many times but this time will be the last. Refrigerators/microwaves available only on the 2nd floor (my husband's heart precludes the stairs). After 2 minutes, my bare feet were so black and greasy... Serves me right for not keeping my shoes on. However, we still like the food at Azteca right next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

There was a terrible toxic oder in our room and when reported they gave me a bottle of air freshener. The carpet was tacky and mold was growing above the shower. No discount or refund of money. Only 20% off of our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Motel is easy to get too and close to ISU where I was attending the Iowa Special Olympics. It was a comfortable place to stay while in Ames for 2 days.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family