“An enjoyable stay!”
Review of AmericInn Ames

AmericInn Ames
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the AmericInn of Ames. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave me great directions and small talk during check in. Rooms could be updated, beds weren't the most comfortable, but hey, it worked. Overall great product! I'd defintely return. Thanks for the great experience, Ames AmericInn team :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sjm3748
AmericInnAmes, Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We want to let you know that this hotel has been undergoing many changes and upgrades, including new beds. We hope you make it back to see us in Ames soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel for a living and needed to come to Ames for Iowa state visit for my daughter - I loved the night staff, he was great and friendly...it's always very easy to check in and they always accommodate what I need

• Stayed: April 2013

Thanks for your wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay when you are in Ames!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip. Good location near Iowa State University and convenient for coming off of the highway. The staff was personable and helpful with my needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kori,

We are so happy to read your great review! And we would be happy to have you come see us again the next time you are in Ames!

Thanks!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the AmericInn in Ames which was close to Iowa State University where I attended a conference. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was an added plus and was adequate. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us while you attended a conference in Ames! So glad that everything went so well for you...please keep us in mind the next time you visit ISU!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at the AmericInn. The location provides easy access to the Iowa State University campus. Hotel staff was very friendly, everything was clean, with a number of amenities, including room refrigerator. The internet access was reliable. Would stay here again for business!

Room Tip: I'd preferred the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!
The next time you make a reservation, please request a second floor room and we will make sure to accomodate you.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Ames!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a very helpful desk clerk. I was upgraded to a suite free of charge for being a frequent visitor. Breakfast was hot early which was appreciated. The hotel had a good television channel selection.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tyler,

Thanks for the great review! We agree with you that we have an exceptionally friendly staff! We put a lot of effort into creating a hot and delicious breakfast each day, and we are happy that you found it satisfying!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this location once prior in July and had a very dissapointing stay. The manager called me with concerns I had and said she was taking care of them. I asked what she did to take care of the problem, she then asked me my name???? I told her and then spelled it out. Apperently she thought I was rude and gave me a "SHEEESH!" I waited a few months after that and stayed one week with a great room and great staff members I met there. So... I stayed a second week, I am 6'3" and can see above the shower surround. It appeared dirty/scummy/mildewy. There were finger nail clippings on the floor when I arrived. I took one of their washclothes to the top of surround and cleaned a section of approx 20" I waited the next day to see if they would rectify on it's own. The floor was not vacuumed and the shower had not been cleaned either. I called the front desk and talked to John (great with guests) and he transfered me to manager Sarah Litweller , to who I requested to come to the room to look at problems. She sent John who alledgedly gave her a report. I heard nothing back from her until after I sent corprate an email complaint. Jay from corprate called today and confered with me, I told him I would never stay there or my coworkers until Sarah is no longer at this facility. Americinns are usually great facilities with great management. Sorry AmericInn,, This location is a bust. Let the manager go her way and update the parking lot, Housekeeping apperently needs more time alloted per room to get the job done right or give each housekeeper a set of rooms for "pride of ownership". I will not do business at this location, however will continue to frequent other AmericInns without prejudice.

Room Tip: 218 was great room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AmericInnAmes, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Hello Chuck,

I am sorry you had troubles during your stay. I can assure you that since your stay in July 2012, our facilities have improved greatly. We have gone through a total remodel, and our staff has been updated.

At AmericInn, we strive to make our guests our number one priority. We provide new employees with extensive training to ensure we are delivering an excellent stay.

I do hope you give our hotel another chance, we would love to have you back as a loyal customer!

Thank you for informing us of your stay,

Morgan