All of the employees there were great! (Joanna, the bartender-especially AWESOME!) I was able to get into my room a couple of hours early, which was a decent size and almost clean. There were a couple of crumbs on the floor in one corner and the shower curtain needed to be bleached. The air conditioning wasn't working but they had a maintenance person come fix it the next day. There is a nice running trail in front of the hotel that goes right to the University, which is only about a mile away. The fitness center was okay-2 treadmills, a bike and something else (which I never use anywhere cause they look scary) and some free weights. Kind of a small room packed with this equipment so it's hard to do anything else in there. The pool was beyond freezing cold and so was the kids area. The hot tub was great but it would be nice to have the pool area open later than 10pm. The only thing I ate here was the french fries (and they were yummy!) but the other food I saw people eating looked great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ames Conference Center hotel is close to Iowa State University! Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center ISU is located just off Hwy 30 and 5 miles from I-35. We are two miles from the Iowa State University campus and convenient to the area's biggest attractions. Our hotel is close to many major businesses. The ISU Research Park, IA DOT Headquarters and USDA/NVSL are just a short drive away. The Hilton Coliseum, Stephens Auditorium, Fisher Theater, and Scheman Building are only one mile from our Ames accommodations. Syngenta, 3M and Sauer-Danfoss are also nearby. We offer three meeting rooms with seating for up to 450 guests. We are close to ISU s campus, which makes it easy to visit a student, attend a sporting event or just enjoy the beautiful campus. Our Ames hotel is within a mile of Jack Trice Stadium, Reiman Gardens and Coldwater Golf Links. Leisure travelers will find many attractions near our hotel. Downtown Ames offers dining, shopping and entertainment - it's a great place to spend a day. The Iowa Arboretum and Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad are less than a half-hour away. Guests of our hotel in Ames are sure to enjoy our deluxe amenities. You can dine at our full-service restaurant, the Cardinal Cafe, hold an event in one of our flexible meeting rooms, or simply relax in the indoor pool. Visit the Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center - ISU and see what this Ames area hotel has to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center At Isu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ames Hotel Ames
- Ames Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center At Isu Iowa