Holiday Inn Express Ames
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$110
Agoda.com
$125
$121
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleangreat hotelevery morningbusiness tripin towniowa statethe breakfast areaking suitegreat roomwould stay here againcollege visitfree breakfastdes moinesstaff was very friendlynice stayeasy access
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I am have been coming to this hotel for 20 years because the staff is fiendly and have always helped if I needed something.They make animals out of towels and reminds me of being on a cruise. The rooms are quite and comfortable.
Michelle always greets you with a smile during check in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ames, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express Ames. We do value your patronage and friendly face each time you visit!

We pride ourselves on maintaining an exceptional level of service and quality that is unbeatable. Our staff goes above and beyond to make each stay comfortable and memorable. Towel animals are one of the ways, we want to stand out from the competition.

Michelle is truly a valued asset to our hotel. I did show her this survey and it has made her day. Thank you for making her smile !

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I travel in 5 states and am in the area every two to three weeks. I choose this hotel for its good service and helpful attitude. It's conveniently located and they make sure all is well with the accommodations. I am on a first name basis with many of the staff and Michelle is there to help if I need to make changes or add other rooms for coworkers as needed.

Room Tip: Book ahead if there are any events at Iowa State
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ames, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of the your day to rate the Holiday Inn Express Ames, Iowa on Trip Advisor. We do value your feedback and use the comments as a way to continually improve how we deliver exceptional service and quality.

We do selectively hire, train and develop each one of our Staff members to promote a positive guest experience each and every day. I have shown this to the Staff and I know it has put a smile on their face.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travel to Ames almost weekly and stay at this hotel most of the times I am in town. The staff is friendly and more than willing to help. Michelle always makes my next reservation for me and always makes me feel welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ames, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Holiday Inn Express Ames, Iowa on Trip Advisor.

The Staff prides itself on delivering exceptional service and quality each and every day. Michelle is definitely a valued member of the team and I am sure this comment has put a smile on her face.

We do look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Ames, Iowa area.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for a night on the way back to Missouri from Minnesota. Check in was quick, and the person at the front desk suggested several local restaurants for dinner. It was a slow night, there were probably only 10 cars in the parking lot, so it was very quiet. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent, they had fresh cinnamon rolls, cereal, yogurt, a pancake maker, and eggs. My only complaint is that at about 9:30pm all but a few of the TV channels quit working. We were too tired to care at that point, and I forgot to mention it at check out, so it wasn't a big deal.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
PatriotHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ames, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor. The Holiday Inn Express prides itself on delivering service and quality worth 5 stars. It is the goal of the team to exceed your expectations.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the guestrooms as well as the the breakfast. On behalf of the team at the Holiday Inn Express Ames, Iowa, we hope that the next time you are in the Ames, Iowa area, you will give us an opportunity to provide you Five-Star Service.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express in Ames is a very decent Holiday Inn Express which I believe is on par with other Holiday Inn Expresses. Like all other 2.5 star hotels, this hotel is great for short trips which you aren't spending a lot of time in the hotel. It was very comfortable and the staff was very welcoming. The room itself was clean, inviting, and comfortable. One issue I noticed with the rooms was a few lady bugs were wandering in the bathroom but it can be MUCH worse than that. We didn't use the pool but it looked like any other hotel pool. Clean and can be fun if you have kids. Note there is no hot tub at this hotel. One thing I love about stay at Holiday Inn Expresses is the free breakfast in the morning. The Ames location did not disappoint! Our morning they had pancakes made fresh by an automated machine, warm cinnamon rolls (so good!), biscuits and gravy, bacon, cheesy omelettes, cereal, oatmeal, etc. It was a very nice stay for another great weekend back in Ames and would return again to the Holiday Inn Express Ames!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple