“Great pizza and wine!”

Vesuvius Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 194 Restaurants in Ames
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place has great pizza! They have very unique combinations. The crust is thin and yummy! Three of us ate 2 pizzas which was perfect! And we were able to enjoy a bottle of wine, too. Nice place...not fancy....or big....but worth your time. Enjoy

1  Thank lynne G

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The pizza was delicious. Thin crust and well balanced with toppings. Great east coast style pizza. The benches in the seating area were dirty and the windows were streaked. Decor and seating univiting. With a few improvements in atmosphere and cleanliness it would be a really upscale restaurant.

1  Thank Kristi H
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Came here on a Wednesday night in June while in Ames for college registration. Even though the restaurant was quite full, there was no wait to order. Good variety of pizza toppings, and pretty decent selection of beers. Food came very quickly, and was delicious. Nice thin crust, but still seems like bread - not the cracker-like thin crusts some other places have. Pizzas were a good size for one person, and the price was about what I'd expect for a high-quality pie. The dining atmosphere wasn't the best - just one large room in a strip-mall type building, but that's not why I came. I came looking for great pizza, and I found it. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Ames.

1  Thank icgardener
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place makes well-executed wood fire pizzas. The salads are very good as well. The price versus quality of the food served is excellent. Do not be afraid to modify one's pizza and I have found the staff is more than accommodating to it [as well as making suggestions too]. Keep up the great work!

1  Thank hawkeyeui93
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I would highly recommend this place for pizza in central Iowa. The crust is thin and crunchy. The ingredients are fresh and yummy. They have a brick oven which makes everything really fast. I love going with my husband and getting our own personal pizzas.

1  Thank rpower517