“Best sushi in Ames!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Okay, so there are really only 2 sushi places in Ames, but Fuji is by far the best choice. They have really great prices for lunch during the week.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The interior is relaxing, we sat in a booth. From prior experience at a place in Des Moines, I know I don't care for the Hibachi style dinners, just nerve-wracking. The atmosphere was serene and peaceful, I loved that. Hub & son both had the steak with scallops, comes with fried rice, soup and salad. They were both thumbs up for it. The scallops were the large sea scallops and yum (I had to try one :o) Cooked to perfection. Son also had the Red Snapper Sushi, he said it was the best he had ever had, very fresh and flavorful, he thought he was in the Florida Keys! I had the Beef with fat fried noodles (also comes with soup & salad), oh my gosh! For $12.95 the plate was huge, the food was the best I'd ever had in this style. And what class this place has. Each plate was decorated with flowers made out of half cherry tomatoes with sculpted cucumber leaves! I have NEVER had such detail, even in restaurants in New York & Washington DC! Lovely and very unexpected in Ames, Iowa!
For Desert son had the chocolate cake w green tea ice cream (he wouldn't share and tried to stab my hand when I went for it, so I guess that meant it was good :o) Hub and I shared the fried green tea ice cream, very flavorful and very rich. I loved the ice cream flavor, it was the crust that was too rich for me, but hub gobbled it right down.

For sure, this one is on our favorites list!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We've been going to and taking home from Fuji since it opened. Their sushi is fantastic and varied and fresh. Their cooktop chefs are entertaining and friendly. The servers are attentive and the prices are reasonable. There's nothing not to like.

1  Thank minionr
Reviewed March 2, 2012

You can get better sushi at the Super Walmart in Ames made by a guy that has been doing it for years at a fraction of the price Fiji's charges you. The tappenaki tables are for kids and grandparents only. Don't bother going if your a foodie you won't like it. The food was flavorless and expensive. Drink prices are outrageous. I can go to the movies for a better show and to walmart for better sushi

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Fun to watch the show if you like your food from the hibachi. Lots of options (Sushi, Bento, etc.) for a quick quiet lunch with a friend.